- Practice Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Group A Streptococcal Pharyngitis. Bisno, Alan L.; Gerber, Michael A.; Gwaltney, Jack M.; Kaplan, Edward L.; Schwartz, Richard H. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/15/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p113
Provides practice guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of group A streptococcal pharyngitis in children and adults. Differential diagnosis for group A streptococcal pharyngitis; Indications for group A Î’-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis; Recommendations for antimicrobial therapy...
- Acute pharyngitis: Fitting the drug to the bug Acute pharyngitis: Fitting the drug to the bug. Feder Jr., Henry M. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p41
Presents information on group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis. Antibiotic treatments for pharyngitis; Causes of pharyngitis.
- Throat Cultures and Rapid Tests for Diagnosis of Group A Streptococcal Pharyngitis. Centor, Robert M.; Meier, Frederick A.; Dalton, Harry P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec86, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p892
Examines the use of throat cultures and raid tests for diagnosis of group A streptococcal pharyngitis. Accuracy of the diagnostic tests for group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis; Reasons for diagnosing and treating group A streptococcal pharyngitis; Technical description of the tests.
- Rheumatic Fever in a 2-Year-Old Child. Nirmal, Hema; Vani, Pooja; Chhabra, Manoj; Ron, Nitin // Pediatric Cardiology;Jan2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p160
A 2-year-old boy with a history of presumed viral pharyngitis presented with rheumatic fever. The episode of pharyngitis was not treated with antibiotic at five years of age, physicians should be aware of the sequelae of untreated group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis.
- Group A Beta-Hemolytic Streptococcal Pharyngitis. Bromberg, Kenneth // American Family Physician;4/15/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1486
Editorial. Presents information on the management of group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis. Diagnosis; Treatment.
- THROAT CULTURE TO RULE OUT GABHS. Slawson, David C.; Squillace, Susan P.; Franko, John P. // Journal of Family Practice;Nov1994, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p428
A letter to the editor is presented about the effectiveness of throat culture in ruling out group A Î²-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis.
- Recurrent Streptococcal Pharyngitis. Hoover II, Benjamin A. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2007, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p135
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the prevalence of recurrent episodes of streptococcal pharyngitis in children by Jennifer L. St. Sauver
- Diagnosis of Streptococcal Pharyngitis. EBELL, MARK H. // American Family Physician;6/15/2014, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p976
The article discusses the best clinical examination to diagnose group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal (GABHS) pharyngitis. Topics discussed include the prevalence of sore throat as the chief symptom of GABHS pharyngitis, the impact of exposure to someone with strep throat on the risk of...
- Severe Acute Pharyngitis Caused by Group C Streptococcus. Shah, Mobin; Centor, Robert M.; Jennings, May // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Feb2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p272
INTRODUCTION: Adult group C beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis has a prevalence of approximately 5%. It can present with a broad spectrum of severity. CASE REPORT: We report a 30-year-old woman who presented with severe Group C streptococcal pharyngitis. DISCUSSION: She presented with a...
- When Should Patients Seek Care for Sore Throat? Centor, Robert M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/5/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p636
The author reflects on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of sore throat in adults and adolescents. An overview of inflammation of throat by group A streptococcal pharyngitis, group A Î²-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis and Fusobacterium necrophorum is offered. The author suggests that...