Quilters Make A Difference
- Help Yourself. // South County Journal;11/2/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 44, pB2
The article features readers queries or requests, including individuals or quilt groups who may be interested in a donation of over 200 35millimeter slides of quilts, a phone number that can be put on the Do Not Call registry for political advertisements, and anyone who may still be collecting...
- GRCF Gets 'Icehouse.'. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p23
The article reports on the purchase of the Icehouse building by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation. The building will become the permanent home of the philanthropic organization. It is situated at 72 Grandville Avenue and has more than 17,000 square feet of office space. The foundation is...
- La Escantada preview raises funds for charity. // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the fund raising initiated by La Encantada through its newest shopping destination "Enchanted Evening" in Tucson, Arizona.
- Tavis Smiley Hosts Celebrity Benefit Gala For His National Foundation. // Jet;10/29/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p14
Discusses a celebrity benefit called 'Salute to Youth Leadership' to support the Tavis Smiley Foundation.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation's 'An Afternoon Of Jazz' Fund-Raiser Features Aretha Franklin. // Jet;07/17/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p33
Discusses 'An Afternoon of Jazz,' a fund-raiser in Norwalk, Connecticut hosted by the Jackie Robinson Foundation, at which rhythm and blues singer Aretha Franklin performed.
- NHBR about town. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p15
Photographs of several notable people in New Hampshire who attended different fund raising events and received various awards from organizations in the state are presented.
- Area businesses, CDPHP raise $23,000 for food bank. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/13/2003-1/20/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the donation given by Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) Inc. to the Regional Food Bank in northeastern New York. Funds generated by CDPHP for the donation.
- Group taps luminaries, financial and otherwise. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;7/22/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on the fund raising activity of the Robin Hood Foundation in a convention center in New York City. Names of the 24-member board of directors; Investment in city-based programs to fight poverty; Attendance of financial luminaries in the social event.
- Garage Sale (We're Moving and Need Money for the Garage)! Dunn, John F. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;5/28/2004, Vol. 194 Issue 22, p39
Presents information on a fund-raising campaign for the Dunn Foundation.