Wrapped in a Quilt for a Cause
- Communty Calendar. // India -- West;8/19/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 39, pC22
A calendar of events for California and Utah in 2011 is presented which includes the exhibition of Siddi patchwork quilts at the Museum of the African Diaspora, the Creating Economic Opportunities (CEO) for Women Orientation, and The Gujarati Cultural Association of the Bay Area's celebration.
- The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative - Going Out in Style! BAKER, LORI // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Jun/Jul2013, Issue 434, p39
The article offers information on the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI), an organization that helps to raise awareness and funds through art. It informs that the organization was founded by quiltmaker Ami Simms in the year 2006. It also mentions that AAQI donates quilts and it has been...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;9/12/1959, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p116
An excerpt from "Guntersville (Ala.) Advertiser-Gleam" regarding an embarrassing event relative to the operation of the ear of Thelma Smith is presented.
- Quilt giveaway to aid Methodist Thrift Store. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/27/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that Whitney, Texas-based theThrift Store, a ministry of King Memorial United Methodist Church, is having a fund-raising project, selling raffle tickets for a hand embroidered quilt and two shams featuring 50 U.S. states.
- 'Adirondack Moonglow' quilt raffle. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 131, Special section p5
The article reports on the Adirondack Moonglow quilt to support the Lake Placid Sinfonietta and its music education programs.
- Altar Society seeks donations of fabric. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/29/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that St. Mary's Altar Society is seeking folks to donate any flour sack print fabric for their annual quilt fundraiser.
- Quilt Fund-raiser. // Malakoff News (TX);4/27/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 17, p8A
The article reports that members of the Gun Barrel Quilter Guild in Malakoff, Texas showed off at the Sarah Maples DAR meeting the quilt that will be raffled off to raise money for the Special Olympics and the Tri-County Library in Mabank.
- Quilt Winner. // Graham Leader;12/12/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 35, p5A
No abstract available.
- Post Oak Busy Bees to host 35th quilt show. // Graham Leader;9/19/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p4
The article offers information on the 35th annual quilt of the Post Oak Busy Bees on September 28 and 29, 2012 in Jacksboro, Texas.