THE IPO 100
- Closed-End Funds For Income: Understanding How They Work. Levant, Harry // Canadian MoneySaver;2012, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p36
The article offers information on investments using closed-end funds raised by the capital through initial public offering. It discusses stock price dependency for closed end funds which follows supply and demand for the stock, the changing values of the investments in the fund's portfolio and...
- The Post-Offering Price Performance of Closed-End Funds. Weiss, Kathleen // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn89, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p57
This article focuses on the post-offering price performance and investor clientele for a sample of 64 closed-end funds that went public from 1985-1987 in the U.S. Unlike open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds provide no guarantee that the funds shares will be worth the underlying (net asset...
- Long term, China and India offer opportunities aplenty. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p35A
The author reflects on initial public offerings completed by China and India in the U.S. There are several few closed-end funds and exchange-traded funds that hold stocks in the countries. Chinese and Indian stocks have done well until May 2006. However, Chinese stocks are off the lows. The...
- MARKET SIGNALS ASSOCIATED WITH TAIWAN REIT IPOS: REACTIONS OF NON-REIT REAL ESTATE STOCKS. Lee, Ming-Long; Kuo, Shew-Huei; Lee, Ming-Te; Lin, Chia-Wei // Journal of Real Estate Literature;2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p93
This study examines the influence of real estate investment trust (REIT) initial public offering (IPO) announcements on the returns of non-REIT real estate stocks in Taiwan. In contrast to the Malaysian study of Sing, Ho, and Mak (2002), we find that Taiwan REIT IPOs have favorable effects on...
- Hansen files IPO in hopes of snaring $38M for shares. // Medical Device Daily;4/20/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 74, p3
The article reports on a public offering of 11,692,000 shares of common stock filed by Hansen Medical at a price to the public of $3.25 per share. The gross proceeds to be claimed by Hansen from the sale of shares are expected to be about $38 million. The only manager for the public offering...
- Calamos IPO Priced Amid Tough Conditions. Burke, Kevin; Menlow, David // Money Management Executive;10/11/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p1
The article focuses on the initial public offering (IPO) of the money management firm Calamos Asset Management Inc. The firm has set the terms of its IPO at 18 million Class A shares with an estimated price range of $15.50 to $17.50 per share. Calamos, best known for its closed-end funds, will...
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 31, p15
Presents chart depicting the average price of recent 100 initial public offerings excluding closed-end funds and unit offerings containing warrants in the U.S. market.
- Predicted IPO surge fails to materialize; Stock slump, trading discount blamed. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p7
Focuses on closed-end municipal bond funds entering the market in the United States. Factors which affected the slowing of initial public offerings (IPO); Decrease in IPOs since the stock market began experiencing heavy losses; Impact of trading discounts.
- A new twist to safeguard their share prices. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;10/27/97, Vol. 74 Issue 21, p19
Focuses on the difficulties associated with the closed-end stock funds. What situation are investors being faced with; Reference to the actions of some funds to rectify the problem.