NYSE Stakes Claim in Global Frontier
- Big firms may offer direct access to their Big Board floor brokers. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/08/97, Vol. 63 Issue 36, p7
Reports on Goldman Sachs and Co.'s installation of a video camera at the New York Stock Exchange. Influences of direct access brokers on the company's move; Names of companies planning to follow Goldman's move.
- Goldman Sachs. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/ 2/2014, pA02
The article reports that American multinational investment baking firm Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is on search for a buyer for its New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-designated market-making business worth $30 million.
- NYSE under attack from its customers. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p1
The article states that several financial institutions, including Goldman Sachs & Co., Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. and Citigroup Inc., had teamed up to create a market of their own in Europe that could compete directly with New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) after the exchange acquires Paris-based...
- Asbury Automotive revs up IPO. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the debut of Asbury Automotive Group Inc. on the New York Stock Exchange in New York. Price of the company shares; Role of Goldman Sachs & Co. and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. as managers of the sale; Use of the proceeds for working capital, possible acquisitions and general corporate...
- Goldman. // Traders Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 198, p8
Reports the acquisition of the Walter N. Frank stocks by Goldman Sachs. Different stocks traded and managed by Goldman Sachs; Discussion on the volume of stocks fielded by Goldman at the New York Stock Exchange as of June 2002.
- Utilization Rate Indicates Normal Downturn, Says Goldman Sachs. // Electronic News (10616624);3/14/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Reports on the decline in the overall sequential injection analysis equipment industry utilization rate from 2004 to 2005 according to New York Stock Exchange firm Goldman Sachs Inc. Projection on the overall industry utilization rate in 2005 based from the fourth quarter 2004 SIA data of...
- MASTERCARD COULD OPEN ON THURSDAY. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on the initial public offering (IPO) of MasterCard Inc. at the New York Stock Exchange, on May 25, 2007. The lead underwriter of the IPO, Goldman Sachs & Co., has held several investor presentations. The underwriter surveys buyers on the price they will pay and the number of...
- NYSE's SLP Program Kicks Off. Mehta, Nina // Traders Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 21 Issue 289, p14
The article reports on the live broadcast for the New York Stock Exchange's (NYSE) new program that hopes tobring in outside liquidity providers to increase its market. It tells that Goldman Sachs & Co. was the first broker-dealer member to run competition with former specialists by making...
- NYSE deal too cozy. // Pensions & Investments;5/2/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses the deal of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) with Archipelago Holdings Inc. Pension funds and other institutional investors should be wary of the deal because of the apparent conflicts of interest involving Goldman Sachs & Co. Goldman Sachs was paid for advising both...