Regional Firms Merge in $91M Deal
- Ryan Beck Deal To Boost Stifel In Bank Research. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;1/16/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 10, p19
The article looks at how Stifel Financial Corp. said that by combining its financial institutions research team with that of Ryan Beck Holdings Inc., it aims to compete with boutiques that specialize in financial services. Comments from Ronald J. Kruszewski, Stifel's chief executive, are...
- BIZ Briefs. // njbiz;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p2
This section offers news briefs in New Jersey's business sector. The Economic Growth Council conducted a meeting at Rutgers University. Securities firm Stifel Financial has acquired brokerage firm Ryan Beck Holdings for an estimated $96 million in stock. An average of 3.2% rate increase will be...
- Stifel Acquires Legs Mason. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/26/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the acquisition of the Legg Mason Capital Markets business of Citigroup by Stifel Financial Corp. as of September 2006. Financial services provided by Legg Mason Capital Markets; Cost of the acquisition; Terms of the deal.
- Stifel to Buy Legg Mason Divisions. Meyers, Maxwell; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p1
Reports on the plan of Stifel Financial Corp. to acquire all of the capital markets business of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. Amount of money involved in the transaction; Terms of the deal; Response of investors on the acquisition.
- Stifel Financial Announces Plans to Purchase Ryan Beck. Hanson, Marthew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p4
The article reports on the plan of Stifel Financial Corp. to purchase Ryan Beck & Co. Inc. for more than $90 million of stock in New Jersey. This acquisition resulted from the three consecutive quarters of loss for Ryan Beck & Co. Inc. in which its parent company, BankAtlantic Bancorp Inc., was...
- Warrants, Cost Cuts Help BankAtlantic. Mullins, Luke // American Banker;7/26/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 143, p20
The article reports that income for the banking company BankAtlantic Bancorp has risen in comparison to the previous year. The company's earnings were increased by warrants to purchase stock in the financial services firm Stifel Financial Corp., which purchased Ryan Beck Holdings, an investment...
- BankAtlantic to Sell Stifel Stock; Whither Proceeds? Davis, Paul // American Banker;3/6/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 45, p19
This article reports that BankAtlantic Bancorp Inc's decision to shed most of its stake in Stifel Financial Corp. makes sense to analysts. The bank filed a prospectus to sell about 527,000 shares. BankAtlantic gained the stake after selling its investment banking unit, Ryan Beck Holdings Inc. to...
- Wenatchee UBS becomes Stifel Financial. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the inclusion of the Wenatchee UBS Financial Services Inc. branch in the acquisition of 55 UBS branches by Stifel Financial Corp. in Washington. It notes that the Wenatchee UBS office will be a Stifel branch effective September 11, 2009. According to the article, the office...
- After growing the firm nearly tenfold, what's next for Stifel's CEO? Welsch, Andrew // Onwallstreet.com;10/31/2016, p1
How Ronald Kruszewski is working to make the regional BD into an industry contender.