Jefferies is Wallflower at I-Banking Party
- Jefferies Posts 2Q Loss; Shares Rally. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/28/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 30, p16
The article reports on the performance of Jefferies & Co. wherein it posted a plunge result in the second-quarter of 2008. It mentions that after the posting of the results 14% of the company's shares came up. Richard Handler, chairman of the New York investment bank, states that the company...
- People in the News. // Securities Industry News;2/27/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the recruitment of a six-person team by Jefferies & Co. to build up its hedge fund servicing capabilities. Target funds of the team; Comments from Richard B. Handler, chairman and CEO of Jefferies; Information on Jefferies.
- Jefferies Downgrades Three Card Issuers. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;10/13/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 197, p14
Reports that while MBNA Corp., Capital One Financial Corp., and Providian Financial Corp. will likely report strong third-quarter profits for 2004, their stocks are likely to stall for six to nine months, according to analysts with Jefferies & Co. Inc. Reasons why analyst Richard B. Shane Jr.,...
- Hey brother, wanna buy a life policy? Harris, Shaun // Finweek;11/26/2009, p24
The article discusses the business model of Clientele Ltd., which resembles a pyramid scheme in South Africa. It states that its business model proved to be very efficient and it has extended its product range from life insurance into more general financial services including loans which look...
- Starbucks. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/27/2015, pA02
The article reports on the increase of the stocks of coffee company Starbucks in 2015 after global investment bank Jefferies increased its stock price target.
- Brokerage stocks ranked by performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p14
Lists the top brokerage stocks in the United States. Rankings based on stock market performance on February 24, 1999.
- Top financial services companies. // American Banker;9/9/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 172, p27
Presents the stock performance of top financial services companies in the United States as of September 6, 1996. Specialty finance companies; Brokerage companies; Investment advisory companies.
- First Call's analyst consensus rankings. // American Banker;9/9/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 172, p30
Reports on the stock performance of the financial services industry in the United States as of September 6, 1996. Includes top 50 banks; Credit card companies; Private mortgage companies.
- Top financial services companies. // American Banker;2/1/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p26
Presents share prices of the top publicly-traded financial services companies in the United States, at the close of trading on January 29, 1999. Specialty finance companies; Brokerage companies; Investment advisory companies; Insurance companies.