- HIGH FIVE FOR HELMERS/ DGA noms all period pics, December bows. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;1/22/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the nominated film directors for the 55th annual Director's Guild of America awards in Los Angeles, California. List of nominees; Details on the motion pictures of the directors nominated for the award; Contenders that failed the cut.
- DGA UNVEILS PRESENTER LIST. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;2/25/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 37, p36
Reports that seven Academy Award nominees have been tapped as presented for the Directors Guild of America awards ceremonies on March 1, 2003 at the Century Plaza in Los Angeles, California.
- Lenser org adds to Spielberg honors. Marx, Andy // Variety;1/31/94, Vol. 353 Issue 13, p17
Features Steven Spielberg as recipient of the American Society of Cinematographers' Board of Governors Award. Presentation at the society's Outstanding Achievement Awards dinner Feb. 27 at Beverly Hilton Hotel; Past recipients; ASC's celebration of 75th anniversary; Stone's impression of...
- From Russia, with admiration. // Hollywood Reporter;9/14/95, Vol. 338 Issue 49, p14
Presents a photograph of three American filmakers while holding the Firebird Awards given to them by the Russian American Cultural Exchange.
- DGA nominates its big guns. Higgins, Bill // Variety;02/01/99, Vol. 373 Issue 11, p18
Presents information on the nominees announced by the Directors Guild of America (DGA) for the 1998 directional achievement in feature film award. Film entry of Roberto Benigni; Difference between DGA and Academy Awards; Film entry of Peter Weir.
- Tribeca kudos draw artists. Cox, Gordon // Daily Variety;4/9/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that visual artists including Yoko Ono, Vik Muniz and Maira Kalman will be donating their works to filmamakers who win awards at the 2010 Tribeca Film Fest.
- India knights Merchant. Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;2/4/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 47, p12
Reports the awarding of Padma Bhushan to director Ismail Merchant by the Indian government. Recognition on the contribution of Merchant to the film culture; Recipients of the award.
- Mendes follows 'Road' to ShoWest kudos. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;1/22/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the selection of film director Sam Mendes as director of the year at Showest 2003 in Los Angeles, California. Schedule of the award gala; Comments of event organizer Robert Sunshine on the achievements of Mendes; Career highlights of Mendes.
- Woodstock Film Fest Announces 'Meera Gandhi Giving Back Award'. // India -- West;3/11/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 16, pC6
The article announces the launch of the Meera Gandhi Giving Back Award for director, producer or actor who best delivers a message of social change that will be presented at the Woodstock Film festival's annual awards gala in the U.S.