Hyperpigmentation associated with minocycline therapy
- Idiopathic eruptive macular pigmentation. Joshi, Rajiv // Indian Journal of Paediatric Dermatology;Jan-Mar2015, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p54
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a case report on idiopathic eruptive macular pigmentation with papillomatosis published in a previous issue.
- Idiopathic congenital atrophoderma of Pasini and Pierini. Bassi, Andrea; Remaschi, Giulia; Difonzo, Elisa Margherita; Greco, Antonella; Buccoliero, Anna Maria; Giani, Teresa; Facchini, Flavio; Cimaz, Rolando; de Martino, Maurizio // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Dec2015, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p1184
The article presents a case study of a 3-year-old boy who was diagnosed with idiopathic atrophoderma of Pasini and Pierini (IAPP). It states that the patient has a medical history of active atopic dermatitis and tells that the lesion was presented since birth. It mentions that the condition...
- Lasers for Lentigines, from Q-Switched to Erbium-Doped Yttrium Aluminium Garnet Micropeel, is There a Need to Reinvent the Wheel? Sardana, Kabir; Ghunawat, Sneha // Journal of Cutaneous & Aesthetic Surgery;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p233
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the use of lasers in pigmentary disorders that is largely based on the principles of selective photothermolysis (SPT) that dictates that the pulse duration of the laser should be less than the size of the target cell.
- Laser Treatment Promotes Repigmentation. // Dermatology Nursing;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p411
Reports on the use of the 308 nm excimer laser treatment to promote skin repigmentation. Uses of the laser; Rate of repigmentation obtained from studies of the laser treatment; Effect of the laser on stretch marks.
- Angiokeratoma circumscriptum neviforme: An entity, few and far between. Das, Anupam; Mondal, Ashim Kumar; Saha, Abanti; Chowdhury, Satyendra Nath; Gharami, Ramesh Chandra // Indian Dermatology Online Journal;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p472
Angiokeratomas are a group of vascular ectasias that involve the papillary dermis and may produce papillomatosis, acanthosis and hyperkeratosis of the epidermis. Angiokeratoma circumscriptum is the least common variant among many types. Angiokeratoma circumscriptum neviforme is a still rarer...
- Discoloration of the face, neck and hands. Botto, Nina; McClelland, Matthew; Warshaw, Erin M. // Clinical Advisor;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p85
The article presents a case study of a 59-year-old man with a four-year history of gradual discoloration of skin. The patient has been ingesting up to one pint of colloidal silver solution for periodontal disease over the past eight years. He was diagnosed with argyria, a condition wherein...
- Arm lesions spread to the trunk and neck. Corley, Sarah B.; Nunley, Julia R. // Clinical Advisor;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p85
The article presents a case study of a 42-year-old man with asymptomatic, erythematous papules on his trunk, neck, and upper extremities. The patient's face, hands, and feet remained unaffected. Examination showed firm, mobile, nontender, nonpruritic pink papules ranging from 4-12 millimeters in...
- Kyrle's disease. Azad, Kalpana; Hajirnis, Kalpana; Sawant, Smita; Sabnis, Vinayak // Indian Dermatology Online Journal;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p378
The article describes the cases of two patients with dark-colored lesion on their extremities called Kyrle's disease. The first case involves a 7-year-old female with multiple well-defined discrete hyperpigmented keratotic papulo-nodular lesions with crusted crateriform center. The second case...
- Coexistence of Vulvar Dowling-Degos Disease and Seborrhoeic Keratosis. Guedes, R.; Leite, Luiz // Case Reports in Medicine;2011, p1
Dowling-Degos disease is a rare autosomal dominant inherited pigmentary disorder, mostly confined to the flexures. Diagnosis is established based on the clinical and histopathological correlation. The authors describe the clinical case of a female patient with vulvar involvement and multiple...