The wide gap between genetic research and clinical needs
- Clinical genetics. Burn, John // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/8/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6398, p999
Focuses on the development of the specialty of clinical genetics in Great Britain. Functions of clinical geneticist; Progress of laboratory techniques; Intention of doctors to specialize in clinical genetics.
- Opportunity Knocks: The Pathologist as Laboratory Genetics Consultant. Klein, Roger D.; Kant, Jeffrey A. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Nov2006, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p1603
The author states the need for pathologists to acquire the role of laboratory genetics consultants because of the decline in the number of entrants into the medical genetics training program in the U.S. He discusses the important role that genetics plays in the field of medicine and informs of...
- Joyce A. Mitchell, PhD, New Chair of NLM Board of Regents. // NLM in Focus;8/1/2012, p3
The article features medical geneticist Doctor Joyce A. Mitchell, chairperson of the National Library of Medicine Board of Regents.
- Concern for families and individuals in clinical genetics. Parker, M.; Lucassen, A. // Journal of Medical Ethics;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p70
Clinical geneticists are increasingly confronted with ethical tensions between their responsibilities to individual patients and to other family members. This paper considers the ethical implications of a "familial" conception of the clinical genetics role. It argues that dogmatic adherence to...
- Geneticist fears 'race-neutral' studies will fail ethnic groups. Aldhous, Peter // Nature;7/25/2002, Vol. 418 Issue 6896, p355
Focuses on the color-blind approaches to medical genetics. Comment given by geneticist Neil Risch on the approaches to medical genetics; Labels of racial origin that can do job just as well as sophisticated gene-clustering studies according to Risch.
- CLINICAL GENETICS. // New York;6/14/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p54
Presents information about the top clinical geneticists in New York. Specialization; Contact information.
- GREEN GENES. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;9/17/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p22
Discusses a profitable future being seen by companies and investors for the products of genetic research. Commercialization of the discipline of genomics; Types of companies that fall under the genomics umbrella; Estimated annual revenue of privately held U.S. labs; Potential of Orange County,...
- The accidental tourist. Hawkins, John // Golf World;10/6/95, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p26
Highlights Gail Graham and her performance in the Fieldcrest Cannon Classic held in Cornelius, North Carolina. INSETS: First-timers.;Fieldcrest Cannon Classic..
- In memoriam of Shozo Ohdo MD, PhD: one of the pioneers of clinical geneticist in Japan. Naritomi, Kenji // Journal of Human Genetics;Mar2013, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p117
No abstract available.