One thousand words
- Artist on ice. Long, Belinda // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn98, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p43
Presents information on ice carving in South Carolina, referencing to the efforts of the National Ice Carving Association (NICA) in promoting the sport and art ice carving through competitions and exhibitions across the United States. Information on the NICA; Comments from Brian Connors, owner...
- HOW COOL IS THAT? // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p22
The article offers information on ice-sculpting event in Holland, Michigan, in which culinary students will show their skills on a block of ice weighing 300 pounds.
- A chip off the cold block. P.H. // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p93
Focuses on ice carving in Oregon with reference to Christopher Huessy, ice carver. Names of businesses Huessy sculpts for; Information on the sculpture shown at the Tektronix awards banquet; Comments from Huessy.
- Ice-sculptors craft frozen NYC Skyline. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/14/97, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p22
Reports on the construction of the first ever ice replica of the New York City skyline by more than 15 ice sculptors at Central Park's Tavern On the Green.
- It's a jolly holiday with merry. Gallagher, Alisha // Utah Valley Magazine;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p112
A calendar of holiday events in Utah from November-December 2013 is presented which include the Bells on Temple Square Christmas Concert, the Earn Your Turkey Run/Walk, and the Ice Sculpting Demonstrations.
- FROZEN ART. Young, Rachel // Ask;Jan2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on a wall of ice cubes built by artist Dale Chihuly, which part of his Jerusalem 2000 project, and the Snowballs in Summer project by artist Andy Goldsworthy in London, England.
- A Light Show. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;3/15/2004, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p3
Features the Suwa Taisha shrine, an ice sculpture presented at the Crystal Festival in Chino, Japan.
- Turning ice into art. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;1/30/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, pA1
The article offers information on the ice tiger sculpture craved at the 15th annual Fete de Glace ice carving competition sponsored by the Historic Downtown Association, a non-profit organization.
- Germain brings forth delicate images vivid characters from blocks of ice. Reynolds, Kelley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/04/97, Issue 322181, p1
Features Paul Germain, a sculptor who uses his talent in creating a sculpture made of blocks of ice. Techniques use by Germain in art works on ice; Sculptures he designed for the corporate world in California; Comments of Germain's clients on his sculptures.