The medical view from 34000 feet
- EMR + physician + patient = benefits to both sides. Smith, Jeremy // British Columbia Medical Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p460
In this article, the author reflects on the benefits of electronic medical record (EMR) to physicians and patients. The author argues that EMR can help monitor and manage chronic diseases, as well as support the collaboration between patients and physicians. He describes two cases that...
- The Iceberg: â€˜Completing the clinical pictureâ€™ in general practice*. Last, JM // International Journal of Epidemiology;Dec2013, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p1608
No abstract available.
- Measuring Differences Between Patients' and Physicians' Health Perceptions: The Patient-Physician Discordance Scale. Sewitch, Maida J.; Abrahamowicz, Michal; Dobkin, Patricia L.; Tamblyn, Robyn // Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Jun2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p245
We report on the development and validation o fan instrument to assess discordance between physicians and their patients on evaluations of health-related information: the Patient-Physician Discordance Scale (PPDS). The 10-item questionnaire is designed to be employed across chronic diseases and...
- Hundreds of West Michigan docs now in an ACO. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/28/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
The article reports the key features of Physician Organization of Michigan Accountable Care Organization (POM-ACO), which represnts 1,800 physicians working together to provide better care for patients in Michigan as of January, 2013.
- A QUIET CONSCIENCE. Clarke, J. Erskine // Chatterbox, 1906;1/1/1906, p34
The article offers the insights of doctor Watts regarding an untroubled conscience during a dangerous illness.
- CHRONIC ILLNESS/BY THE NUMBERS. // Medical Economics;3/20/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p11
The article presents statistics on the average and the number of the patients who have chronic illness in the U.S.
- AMERICA'S HEALTH BTATUS//BY THE NUMBERS. // Medical Economics;2/25/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p23
The article presents statistics related to health in the U.S. on increase in the nation's overall health between 2010 and 2011, number of Americans with a chronic disease, and number of Americans who became obese in 2011.
- By The Numbers. // Employee Benefit Adviser;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p14
The article presents statistics on the percentage and number of health plan sponsors who, agree that chronic illnesses are the drivers of cost, thinks wellness as key to solving the problem and plans to integrate wellness program to pharmacy benefits.
- How The Electronic Health Record Did Not Measure Up To The Demands Of Our Medical Home Practice. Fernandopulle, Rushika; Patel, Neil // Health Affairs;Apr2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p622
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 will soon provide billions of dollars to small physician practices nationwide to encourage adoption of electronic health records. Although shifting from paper to computers should lead to better and cheaper care, the transition is complex....