ASIAN NUMBERS SEE YEAR-END UPTURN
- High hopes for polymers, despite price fall. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/8/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 48, p42
The article presents updates on market trends in the plastic chemical industry. Plastics prices dropped in December 2006, but supply restrictions and expectations of stronger demand see producers targeting increases for January 2007. With some high density polyethylene producers reporting a...
- Locals and multinationals brace for a downturn. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;11/11/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 43, p55
Presents news and information on the chemical industry of Brazil as of November 1998. Implication of the global economic turmoil; Update on polyethylene (PE) business; Measures proposed by the government for the problems that the industry will face in 1999.
- There's Not Much Hoopla in the PE Business. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;4/14/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 14, p31
Focuses on the efforts of polyethylene (PE) manufacturers to improve their ailing market. Projected demand growth for PE in the United States (US) by 2003; Effects of the Asian economic crisis on the PE industry; End uses of PE in the US.
- Desopite Overcapacity Concerns, PET Is Poised for Growth. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p20
Focuses on the phenomenal success of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in both growth and margins since its introduction in the late 1970s and assess whether PET can maintain its levels of success as market maturity approaches. Increase in demand for PET; Contributory factors to the maintained...
- Silver lining for PET. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;4/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 486, p10
Reports on the robust demand growth experienced by the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) market as of April 2005. Factors that threaten the profitability of PET producers; Reasons for the price increase in PET raw materials; Global capacity of PET in 2004; PET production and consumption during...
- New packaging regulations boost demand for recycled HDPE. Breskin, Ira // Chemical Week;10/5/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p16
Reports that the introduction of recycled content packaging laws has increased demand for high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Prices for both virgin resin and consumer-generated HDPE; Factors affecting HDPE prices.
- PET fibre producers up exports to India, ME. // Asian Chemical News;9/6/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 459, p23
Reports on an increase in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) fibre chips exports to India and the Middle East by South Korean and Taiwanese producers as of September 12, 2004. Major factor that prompted the countries to increase their market share in India and the Middle East; Production capacity...
- A yo-yo effect on recycled PET. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 60, p38
This article explains that prices for both the recycled and virgin polyethylene terephthalate (PET) markets are subject to the seasonal variations reflecting consumption of cold beverages and as a result, recycled material prices in the winter are usually high and supply low. There has been a...
- BP wants to join Dow-Shell cracker consortium at Pilbara. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/6/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the request made by BP Chemicals Incorporated to the Western Australian government for the inclusion of polyethylene in the scope of proposed petrochemical complex in Pilbara, Australia. Details on the project.