High hopes for polymers, despite price fall
- ASIAN NUMBERS SEE YEAR-END UPTURN. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/8/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 48, p42
The article presents updates on market trends in the plastic chemical industry in Asia. Asian polyethylene prices strengthened across the board in December 2006. Low buyer inventories in the region, tight linear low density polyethylene supply in south China, firm ethylene feedstock and crude...
- Dow Polyglycols Launch New Type MPEG for China Market. // China Chemical Reporter;9/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p16
The article announces that Dow Polyglycols Business launched the modern type of MPEG (Maleimide-Polyethylene Glycol) used in the production of polycarboxylic plasticizer in China on August 31, 2007. Polycarboxylic plasticizer is recognized as an admixture that allows, water reduction without...
- Locals and multinationals brace for a downturn. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;11/11/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 43, p55
Presents news and information on the chemical industry of Brazil as of November 1998. Implication of the global economic turmoil; Update on polyethylene (PE) business; Measures proposed by the government for the problems that the industry will face in 1999.
- There's Not Much Hoopla in the PE Business. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;4/14/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 14, p31
Focuses on the efforts of polyethylene (PE) manufacturers to improve their ailing market. Projected demand growth for PE in the United States (US) by 2003; Effects of the Asian economic crisis on the PE industry; End uses of PE in the US.
- Mideast poised to dominate in plastics. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/9/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the dominance of the Middle East in the production and export of petrochemicals and plastics worldwide. Increase in operations by petrochemicals producers in Iran and the nations ofthe Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), with the addition of polyethylene by 2010; Cumulative total of...
- Formosa readies first stage of Mailiao complex. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/25/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the high-density polyethylene plant (HDPE) completed by Formosa Plastics company at its refinery-petrochemical complex in Mailiao, Taiwan. Scheduled start up of the plant; Capacity of the plant; Impact of the plant on Taiwan.
- FYI...world PE demand. // Plastics News;8/30/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p4
Presents data on world demand for polyethylene in 1998. Demand outlook for year 2003.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;6/3/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 21, p37
Presents information on several issues concerning the economic and market condition of chemical industry in the United States as of June 1998. Decline in overall prices for industrial chemicals; Increase on sales and captive use of plastics in North America; Increase in plastic production in...
- Desopite Overcapacity Concerns, PET Is Poised for Growth. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p20
Focuses on the phenomenal success of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in both growth and margins since its introduction in the late 1970s and assess whether PET can maintain its levels of success as market maturity approaches. Increase in demand for PET; Contributory factors to the maintained...