- Wacker-Chemie. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/17/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 23, p23
Discusses the capital investment plans of German chemical company Wacker-Chemie. Financial data of the company; Services and chemical products offered; Details on other investment plans and acquisition.
- Wacker Builds a Family Business. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p54
Features German chemicals company Wacker-Chemi. Plans of the company to end its association with Hoechst; Amount of the company's investment in a silicon wafer plant; Information on the joint ventures of the company; Status of Wacker's silicones business; Other businesses of the company.
- Wacker Nears Investment Decisions; Semiconductors Show Strong Recovery. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 16, p22
Focuses on the investment projects of Wacker-Chemie company. Locations in Germany being considered by the company for an acetic acid plant; Company's investment in a silicon wafers plant; Venture of the company in the redispersable powders business.
- Wacker Beefs Up Specialties, Cuts Capital Spending. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/14/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the plans of Wacker-Chemie company to intensify its biotechnology research efforts and develop its fine chemicals business. Planned capital spending of Wacker in 1999; Projected growth of the company's biotech sales; Establishment of fermentation process to produce amino acid...
- Wacker Chemie Stresses Its Commitment to R&D. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/30/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 26, p4
Reports on Wacker Chemie's focus on renewable energy and clean fuels as a key area for its research and development program. Development of catalytic converters to purify exhaust fumes from diesel engines by Wacker's catalysis and processes business; Unit's investigation of industrial uses for...
- Wacker Unveils Low-Cost Process For Manufacturing Acetic Acid. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, p7
Reports that Wacker-Chemie GmbH is in the process of developing a low-cost technology for making acetic acid in Germany. Location of the company's plant; Importance of the move to the Wacker-Chemie's efforts to become a global player in the market; Demand for acetic acid.
- Wacker and Asahi Form Silicones JV. Carroll, Susan // Chemical Market Reporter;09/27/99, Vol. 256 Issue 13, p3
Reports that Wacker Chemie GmbH has joined forces with Asahi Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. to establish a joint venture in Japan for the production and sales of silicone products. Restructuring launched by Wacker; Increase in Japan's demand for silicones.
- Wacker Invests in Germany, Puts U.S. Project on Hold. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/7/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 13, p16
Details the plan of Wacker-Chemie GmbH to invest on the silicones complex it acquired in Germany from Huls AG. Expansion in the capacity of the plant; Global silicone market share of the company; Restructuring made by Wacker-Chemie on the plan; Net loss of the company's semiconductor division.
- Wacker invests in Indian silicone rubber compounding plant. // European Rubber Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 193 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on an investment made by Munich, Germany-based chemical company Wacker-Chemie GmbH in the construction of a silicone rubber compounding plant located in Calcutta, India in 2011.