- Chemtura, Albemarle Raise Prices. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/21/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p43
This article reports on the decision of Chemtura and Albemarle to increase the price of its flame retardant chemicals. Chemtura says it has nominated 20% to 40% price increases on a wide range of brominated flame retardant grades worldwide, effective October 1, 2005 where contracts allow....
- CHEMTURA TO SOURCE FRS FROM ALBEMARLE. // Urethanes Technology International;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1/2, p13
The article reports that according to a new deal between Chemtura Corp. and Albemarle Corp., Albemarle will supply flame retardants BA-59PTM, DE-83RTM, Firemaster 2100, n-propyl bromide and sodium bromide to Chemtura.
- specialities. // Chemical Week;10/13/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 33, p40
Presents an update on price level changes in the chemical industry as of October 2004. Increase in the prices of flame retardants of Albermarle and Lanxess; Rise of the prices for specialty chemical products.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2090, p12
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of March 2004. Unit to be closed by Shell Chemicals at its chemical plant in Geismar, Louisiana; Increase in the prices of Albemarle flame retardants; Price increase for Dow Chemical's resins in Europe.
- Profit warnings proliferate. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the financial performance of Chemtura Corp. as an effect of Hurricane Katrina in the U.S. Percentage of decline in the third-quarter earnings; Indication of a stock price cut; Implementation of significant price increases in flame retardants.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;12/13/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 41, p14
The article presents business and finance news related to the chemical industry. Albemarle says it has nominated global price hikes of 5%-10% for certain Saytex-brand flame retardants used in polyurethane foams and other materials. American Vanguard subsidiary Amvac Chemical says it has acquired...
- Tension in FR development. // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p35
This article explains that two contradictory forces are at work in the flame retardants business, according to Richard Rose, marketing manager, building and construction, for Chemtura's flame retardants. One is a constant push for stronger fire safety standards. The other is the move to...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;6/16/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p27
Presents news briefs on the specialties chemical industry as of June 16, 2004. Forecast on the increase in global demand for fluorochemicals through 2007; Plan of Albermale to increase prices for deca-bromodiphenyl oxide and tetrabromophthalic anhydride flame retardants effective July 1, 2004.
- THE WEEK: June 8,2005. // Chemical Week;6/8/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 19, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 8, 2005. Plan of Albemarle to expand the production of its fine precipitated aluminum trihydrate and high-purity magnesium hydroxide mineral flame retardants; Election of Hans Kast at the European Association for Bioindustries; Percentage...