Equate sketches future construction proposals
- Dow in landmark Libyan investment. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;4/23/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 63, p5
The article announces Dow Chemical's plans to form a joint venture with Libya's National Oil Corp. that would include a new ethane cracker with downstream production and the expansion of existing facilities at the Ras Lanuf petrochemical complex on the Mediterranean. The first chemical...
- Kuwait. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/9/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p14
Presents various brief news on Kuwait. Legislation aiming to regulate the Islamic banking sector; Comment from Central Bank of Kuwait governor Shaikh Salem al-Sabah; Reaction of petrochemicals venture Equate on the allegation on its partners.
- Kuwait. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the financial losses sustained by the petroleum chemicals business in Kuwait of Equate. Factors attributed to the losses; Comments from company officials.
- Kuwaiti Project Likely to be Delayed. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/2/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 39, p14
Reports the delay in the joint venture plans of Petrochemical Industries Co. (PIC) in Kuwait. Potential partners of PIC; Background on the Equate company; Information on the olefins project of PIC.
- "Greater Equate" Readies for Olefins II Complex. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 39, p29
The article reports on the celebration by Equate of the 10th year anniversary of its petrochemicals manufacturing complex in Shuaiba, Kuwait. The company has grown over the last 10 years to become over a $1-billion/year player and will more than double sales with Olefins II, a new petrochemical...
- Tripoli launches $5bn facilities upgrade. Nield, Richard // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/23/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p12
This article reports on the launch of a programme by the Libyan government to build its first petrochemicals facilities for decades by the end of 2008. The facilities will be built alongside existing infrastructure at the Ras Lanuf petrochemicals complex and the Marsa el-Brega fertilizer...
- More gas for Kuwait petchems. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 434, p21
Highlights a possible increase in the availability of gas for the petrochemicals industry in Kuwait in 2004. Significance of additional gas supplies to Equate; Potential source of the additional gas supplies.
- Downstream projects for equate complex. I.Y. // Chemical Week;5/1/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 17, p28
Reports on ABB Lummus Global and Trichem Consultants' compilation of a list of suggested projects to operate downstream of the Equate petrochemical complex in Kuwait. List as a commissioned endeavor by the Industrial Bank of Kuwait; Invitation extended to foreign investors.
- Equate Posts Big First-Year Loss. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/2/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 21, p21
Reports on the financial loss of Equate company, the petrochemicals joint venture of Union Carbide and Petrochemical Industries Co. Prices of its products in the world market; Production capacity of the company.