What's the buzz about Asia?
- The chemical industry in Singapore - Potential & Opportunities. // Chemical Business;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the market condition of the chemical industry in Singapore in 2005. Role of the Singapore Economic Development Board in the industry; Financial performance of the industry; Forecast on the market performance of the industry.
- Downstream segments to push China's growth. Davis, Nigel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p18
The article presents the outlook for the chemical industry in China for 2007. A more broadly-based manufacturing sector and rapid construction growth will continue to lift demand for a widening range of chemicals in 2007. China's chemicals trade deficit may have widened alongside continued...
- Cycle likely to turn at the end of 2008. Greenwood, Al // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/11/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 23, p48
The article presents a forecast for the chemical industry in the U.S. John Aalbregtse, who is senior executive for chemicals at consultancy Accenture, said the chemical industry is approaching its peak and should begin to turn down at the end of 2008. Aalbregtse noted that U.S. economic growth...
- Global Outlook. Westervelt, Robert; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;1/5/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p17
Forecasts the growth of the chemical industry in 2005. Estimated increase in the revenue of the industry in North America; Projected economic growth of the industry; Expected increase in capital spending.
- Recovery Gathers Momentum. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/7/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p27
Presents a market outlook for the chemical industry of Asia for 2004. Review of economic growth in 2003; Market demand for petrochemicals; Analysis of the Asian Development Bank.
- Nurturing chemistry enables economic growth: R Mukundan. // Chemical Business;Oct2014, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p75
The article discusses the role of chemistry in economic development. Topics covered include the use of chemistry breakthroughs in addressing societal challenges, the projected growth of the global chemical market by 2021 and the employment it will generate, and the percentage of chemicals...
- Earnings Spring Back. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/16/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 13, p3
The article discusses the strong profits of chemical makers such as Dow Chemical and ExxonMobil Chemical in the first quarter of 2011, and the positive outlook for chemicals even with prices increasing in the U.S. and Europe.
- Specialty Earnings Rise, but Firms Caution on 2003. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p11
Reports the profit increase of specialty chemical firms in the third quarter of 2002. Business outlook for the fourth quarter and 2003; Factors that contributed to lower estimates.
- Turning the corner? Vasnetsov, Sergey // Asian Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 397, p11
Reports on the profit expectations of commodity-chemical producers in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2003. Cash margins for ethylene in the first quarter of 2003; Annual chemical volume growth; Price changes of polyethylene products in February 2003. INSET: CHEMICAL PRICES AND MARGINS OUTLOOK.