International Paper makes Rhone sale
- Rhone Capital Acquires Arizona Chemical. Bryner, Michelle // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p8
The article deals with the decision of International Paper (IP) to sell its Arizona Chemical to Rhone Capital. As part of the contract, IP will retain a minority interest of approximately 10 percent in Arizona Chemical. It provides background information on Arizona Chemical. According to Arizona...
- ARIZONA CHEMICAL ON DUAL TRACK. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/16/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 5, p30
The article reports that the Arizona Chemical Co. has been put up for sale whereas Rhone Capital LLC pursues an initial public offering (IPO) in parallel. It is estimated that Arizona could fetch about 1bn dollar in a sale based on a seven times multiple of estimated annual earnings before...
- IP to shed Arizona Chemical. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/25/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 3, p6
This article reports that aiming to reduce debt and bolster shareholder returns, International Paper Co. (IP) has announced another major restructuring plan, which again includes the potential spinoff or sale of its pine chemical manufacturer Arizona Chemical Co. IP says the plan will narrow its...
- AMERICAN SECURITIES ACQUIRES ARIZONA CHEMICAL. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Nov2010, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p70
The article reports that a controlling interest in Arizona ChÎ•cal Co. will be sold by RhÃ´ne Capital LLC to AmÎ•Rican SÎ•curitiÎ•s LLC, a private equity firm in New York.
- IP's transformation plan nearly complete. // Pulp & Paper;Feb2007, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p9
This article offers update on the transformation program of International Paper (IP). During the last half of December 2006, the company had completed and announced three more deals, including the sale of its kraft paper and linerboard mill in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina to an investor group...
- IP to further 'transform' itself by selling, spinning off, or closing capacity. // Pulp & Paper;Sep2005, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the restructuring and divestiture effort planned by International Paper through 2007. Capacity cost planned to be sold, spinned-off or closed by the company; Number of converting plants of IP in the U.S., Latin America, Europe and Asia; Units of the company which will be evaluated...
- International Paper Eyes Sale of Arizona Chemical. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;7/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the plans of International Paper to sell or spin-off its Arizona Chemical unit as July 2005. Reason for the move; Reaction to the sale; Sales posted by Arizona Chemical in 2004.
- IP Sells Beverage Packaging Business. // Official Board Markets;12/23/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 51, p3
The article reports that the International Paper Co. (IP) in Memphis, Tennessee will sell its beverage packaging business for $500 million to Carter Holt Harvey Ltd., Australia's leading forest products company. Scott Murchison, vice president of IP states that the company is dignified with its...
- Alcoa Sells Specialty Chemicals Business. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the sale of the specialty chemicals business, Alcoa Specialty Chemicals by the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Alcoa Inc. to Rhone Capital LLC. Operations and financial performance of the companies; Details and terms of sale; Implications for the chemical industry.