Asian market boom threatens S Korea
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 11, p4
The article comments on the future of petrochemical and plastics industry in Europe. The author states that Europe must ensure that its facilities are competitive on a global scale. SABIC EuroPetrochemicals chief executive officer Boy Litjens says that it is the time to invest in petrochemical...
- Asia olefins forecast skyrockets. Brice, Andy; Gibson, Jane; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business;3/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p32
This article presents a forecast on the petrochemicals and plastics industry in Asia as of March 2006. Asian olefins will see heavy turnaround in 2006. The snugness should ease after the second quarter as new capacity comes onstream. As propylene tightens globally, additional liquefied petroleum...
- PLÃSTICO ECOLÃ“GICO. Pfeifer, Margarida O. // Latin Trade (Spanish);sep/oct2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p14
No abstract available.
- Global Petrochemical Industry Looking Ahead to Peak Profitability. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 17, p12
Comments on the outlook for the petrochemical industry in 2004. Resurgence in demand during 2004; Profitability; Global expansion of the industry.
- A peek into the global future. Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/28/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 21, p18
The article provides an outlook for trends in the petrochemical and plastics market by 2020. The author projects that Northeast Asian producers will scrap crackers and will instead outsource olefins and polyolefins from joint ventures in the Middle East. He predicts that some Western producers...
- Petrochemicals output set to outpace demand. // Chemical Business;Mar1996, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p58
Predicts that the production of petrochemicals in India would exceed demand. Projected growth of the plastics industry; Increase in consumption of petrochemicals; Growth rate of the petrochemical industry in India.
- Petrochemical, plastic makers find it tough to break cycle. Denton, Timothy // Chemical Market Reporter;01/26/98, Vol. 253 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on petrochemicals and plastics producers' difficulties with the commodities cycles despite their efforts to develop hedging instruments. Impact of capacity imbalances; Companies' development of models to assess net present value; Strategies by companies to address problems with the...
- Plastic revolution. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/16/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p35
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the plastics markets of Europe, Asia and the U.S. and the significance of the petrochemicals industry for engineering, procurement and construction contractors.
- chapter 4: Key Economic Sectors. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p28
The article presents an overview on Poland's petrochemical industry and provides information about the possible privatization of some refineries.