- Honam and Qatar consider Mesaieed bids. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/8/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p18
The article reports that bid evaluation is underway for the joint project management consultancy/front-end engineering and design contract on the Mesaieed petrochemicals complex planned by South Korea's Honam Petrochemical Corporation and Qatar Petroleum. Three firms, Foster Wheeler and Fluor...
- Five groups to bid for $1bn Mesaieed ethylene cracker. James, Ed // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/1/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p23
The article reports on the companies being invited by Qatar Petroleum (QP) and South Korea's Honam Petrochemical Corp. to submit technical bids to build a cracker at their petrochemical complex at Mesaieed in Qatar. The contract covers provision of technology and construction of an ethylene...
- Qatar and Honam will build $2.6B petrochemial complex. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/9/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p11
This article reports that Qatar Petroleum Co. has entered in a joint venture with South Korea's Honam Petrochemical Corp. to develop a $2.6 billion petrochemical complex at Mesaieed, Qatar. Qatar Petroleum reported that the construction will take place in the first half of this year, with...
- Qatar Petroleum and Honam Sign Petchems Deal. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on a memorandum of understanding signed by Qatar Petroleum and Honam Petrochemical to build a petrochemical complex at Mesaieed, Qatar. According to Soo-Young Huh, senior managing director at Honam, the joint venture agreement will be signed in the second quarter of 2006....
- Honam hones Mesaieed agreement. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/22/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 51, p16
The article reports that South Korea's Honam Petrochemical Corp. has indicated that the joint venture deal with Qatar Petroleum (QP) for the Mesaieed mixed feedstock petrochemicals complex will not be signed until mid-2007. Honam signed a memorandum of understanding with QP last December 2006 to...
- HONAM'S QATAR JV IN DOUBT. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/9/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the joint venture between petrochemical companies Honam Petrochemical Corp. and Qatar Petroleum Corp. in the construction of a cracker complex in Messaieed, Qatar in 2010. Both companies agreed to develop a facility for its chemical projects like polypropylene, styrene,...
- HONAM CONFIRMS CANCELLATION OF QATAR OLEFINS COMPLEX. Alperowicz, Natasha; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/10/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p21
The article reports on the decision of Honam Petrochemical to cancel its multibillion dollar petrochemical joint venture with Qatar Petroleum at Mesaieed.
- Olefins ideas rise, lldPE increases too. // Asian Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 402, p32
Reports that Asian olefin buying and selling ideas rose in May 2003. Factor that justified the higher olefin selling ideas; Reduction on capacity utilization at the crackers of Honam Petrochemical and Yeochu Naphtha Cracker Center in May 2003; South Korean ethylene settlement for May 2003.
- Honam eyes move into China with jvs. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p7
Reports on the plan of Honam Petrochemical to enter the Chinese market through joint ventures with local companies in 2004. Factors that influenced the decision of the company; Materials exported by Honam to China; Goal of the company.