AMI slips into Borealis
- Borealis Details Planned Share Offering. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/22/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p21
The article reports on the plan of chemical firm Borealis to launch an initial public offering for the company in 2010. The firm is a 65-35 joint venture between International Petroleum Investment Co. and OMV. The partners aim to jointly retain about 50.1 percent of Borealis, according to CFO...
- Borealis builds on its success. Odriscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;7/25/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2157, p20
Reports on the move of International Petroleum Investment Co. of Abu Dhabi and OMV of Austria to buy out a portion of Statoil's shareholding in Borealis July 2005. Expansion of an olefins unit owned by Borealis in Finland; Analysis on the change in ownership structure; Future developments in...
- THINK TANK. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;3/31/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 13, p15
The article reports that an agreement has been signed between Austria's Borealis AS and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates-based International Petrochemical Investment Co. (IPIC) to help build a worldscale olefins and aromatics complex in Abu Dhabi. As reported, this is a significant project with a...
- Abu Dhabi plans chemicals city in bid for global stage. James, Ed // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/11/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 15, p23
The article reports on the plan of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to overhaul its petrochemicals sector as it seeks to become a major global player in the industry and attract more investment in its downstream manufacturing sector. According to industry sources, the state-owned International...
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/7/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 14, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. International Petroleum Investment Co. has signed an agreement with Borealis AS to build an integrated olefins and aromatics complex in the Middle East. Kline & Co. expects Canada's Alberta to become the world's largest producer of...
- OMV and Borealis Consider Petchems Expansions in Austria. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/26/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p21
Reveals the plans of OMV company and Borealis company to expand their petrochemical business operations in Austria. Study commissioned by the companies for the expansion of their plant capacities; Information on products manufactured by the companies.
- Abu Dhabi to acquire Neste's Borealis stake? // Chemical Week;2/12/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p6
Reports on International Petroleum Investment Co.'s negotiations with Neste to acquire its stake in Borealis.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/1/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p16
Presents news briefs on the petrochemicals industry in the Middle East as of July 1, 2005. Submission of a proposal by a team led by Kuwait Finance House to Al-Khafji Joint Operations for the construction of an integrated petrochemicals, power and water plant; Information on a technical bid...
- Neste and OMV seen talks. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;09/01/97, Vol. 252 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Neste Corp. is negotiating to sell its 50 percent stake in Borealis to OMV AG.