EC gives Basell the OK to buy
- Basell Buys German Cracker from BP-PdVSA Venture. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p13
The article reports that Ruhr Oel's steam cracker at MÃ¼nchsmÃ¼nster, Germany has been acquired by Basell. The transaction includes sales agreements and associated assets. It is Basell's second olefins acquisition in Europe in the space of a year. It offers background information on Ruhr Oel.
- PdvSA May Take a Stake in Veba Oel. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/99, Vol. 256 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the negotiation held by Petroleos de Venezuela (PdVSA) for a possible acquisition of a 50 percent stake in Veba Oel, Veba's oil subsidiary. Partnership of Veba and PdVSA in Ruhr Oel; Background of Ruhr Oel; Total sales of Veba Oel in 1998; Allocation plan of Veba Oel.
- NPC keeps acquisitions in mind after close bid. Gordon, Michael; Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;5/16/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2147, p7
Focuses on the decision of National Petrochemical Co. (NPC) to consider a second company for acquisition following a close bid for polyolefins company Basell, according to president Mohammad Reza Nematzadeh. Potential benefits of acquiring Basell to NPC; Reason behind the decision of Basell to...
- Iran's NPC is Favorite to Acquire Baseli; U.S. Assets May Be Split Off. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/27/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the expected acquisition of polypropylene producer Basell by the National Petrochemical Co. (NPC). Remarks from Mohammad Reza Nematzadeh, president of NPC and deputy oil minister of Iran, on the company's chances of winning the bid to acquire Basell; Estimated amount offered by NPC...
- Basell Eyes Shell's Share of French Cracker; In Talks to Buy Propane Dehydro in Spain. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/12/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 33, p19
This article reports the business plans of Basell as of October 2005. Basell is in advanced negotiations to acquire Shell Chemical's 50% stake in the companies' steam cracker joint venture SociÃ©tÃ© du Craqueur de l'Aubette The move is part of Basell's plan to increase its back-integration...
- Weil advises Chatterjee on BaselI acquisition. O'Connor, Joanne // Lawyer;5/16/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p10
Reports that Weil Gotshal & Manges has secured its first instruction from Indian private equity house Chatterjee Group to advise on its role in the acquisition of chemical group Basell. Acquisition of the mandate by Weil London managing partner Mike Francies following a referral from Merrill...
- European energy: no tipping point in sight as M&A tracks higher. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p142
The article reports on the emergence of Europe as global hotspot for gas and power merger and acquisition (M&A) based on 2006 activity. Three potential or ongoing deals, namely Iberdrola-Scottish Power, Suez-GDF and E.ON-Endesa comprise almost half of the $299 billion global gas and power (M&A)...
- Europe in Brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;01/29/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the move of Celanese to sell its shareholding in InfraServ Muenchmuenster to RuhrOel GmbH. Percentage of the shareholding sold by Celanese.
- Basell: The winner takes it all. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;5/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 491, p12
Presents information on the acquisition of Basell by Access Industries and The Chatterjee Group. Information on the global business operation of Basell; Factors that contribute to the collapse of Basell; Challenges in the acquisition deal. INSETS: NATIONAL PETROCHEMICAL CO;HALDIA PETROCHEMICALS...