HMDA leak at BASF injures 37
- One Worker Dies in BASF Explosion. // Chemical Week;9/16/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 34, p8
Reports on a BASF employee who was killed by an explosion at the company's fiber factory workshop. Injuries from other explosions at the company's various chemical plants.
- 20 Years After the Bhopal Tragedy. // Chemical Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 41, p36
Comments on the lessons learned and applied following a tragedy caused by a chemical leak in Bhopal, India. Components of the internal operations of the American Chemistry Council for industrial safety; Challenges being faced by the chemical industry; Need for safety protocols by industry...
- Measuring Improvements in Process Safety. Siirola, Jeff; Berger, Scott // Chemical Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 41, p36
Focuses on the improvements in the process safety for chemical engineering following the chemical leak disaster in Bhopal, India. Development of procedures and safeguards to improve chemical plant safety; Number of fatalities linked to chemical process incidents.
- Accident Page. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p14
The article reports on several industrial accidents in the chemical industry of China as of May 6, 2006. Key issues discussed include the details and causes of the accidents in chemical plants, estimated losses accrued from the accidents and the issues' implications for industrial safety in the...
- Preventing and Managing Chemical Catastrophes: A Practical Guide for In-House and Outside Counsel. Schumacher, Paul J.; Kuchler, Deborah D. // FDCC Quarterly;Spring2008, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p319
The article discusses the prevention of industrial accidents at chemical facilities including fires, explosions, and toxic chemical releases. The first step to industrial safety is to have a thorough understanding of what hazardous chemicals are kept in the plant. After understanding what...
- BASF closes indigo dye plant in the UK. // Colourage;Jul99, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p62
Reveals the plans of BASF to close its indigo dye manufacturing plant at Ellesmere Port in Great Britain.
- BASF invests $30 MM to build acrylates complex in Sao Paolo. Thurston, Charles // Chemical Market Reporter;08/03/98, Vol. 254 Issue 5, p3
Reports on BASF AG's plan to build a butyl acrylate plant in Guaratinguet, state of Sao Paolo, Brazil. Possible addition of glacial acrylic acid for the plant; Completion of BASF's plant for waterborne intermediates for cathodic electrodeposition paints; Demand for acrylic monomers in the...
- CHONGQING MDI PLANT APPROVAL ON TRACK. // Urethanes Technology International;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that BASF SE's plant for producing 400 kilotonnes of methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) per annum at Chongqing, China may get approved as the place is a potential market for automotive construction.
- BASF plans large investment in polymer dispersions plant. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/97, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p7
Reports the plan of BASF AG. to build a polymer dispersion plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Reason for building the plant; Features of the plant; Polymer dispersion capacity of BASF.