UCB tender shortfall
- Strong synergy. Tyler, Alan // European Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2051, p24
Deals with the takeover of Solutia's resins, additives and adhesives business by UCB which created the UCB Surface Specialties. Value of Solutia's business; Goal of the acquisition; Revenues generated by the chemical business of UCB in 2002; Main application areas for the Surface Specialties.
- COMPANY SPOTLIGHT - UCB. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p21
The article presents information about Belgium-based chemical and pharmaceuticals group UCB Group Ltd. It is one of the largest pharmaceutical and chemical businesses in the country. It deals in three different industrial areas, namely pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and films. The company is...
- INNOVATION. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p47
The article reports that Belgian pharmaceuticals company UCB has held a technology open day in London, England. The company transformed itself from a chemicals firm two-and-a-half years ago, and is in the process of buying Schwartz Pharma. The firm has shunned pharmaceutical research trends such...
- Cytec to Buy UCB Chemicals Unit for â‚¬1.5 billion. Walsh, Kerri; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;9/26/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the decision of Cytec Industries to acquire the chemical business of UCB. Terms of the deal; Financial advisers of the companies; Average sales generated by the chemical business.
- Cytec Completes UCB Unit Buy, Reorganizes Business Units. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;3/9/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of the Surface Specialties business of UCB by specialty chemical producer Cytec Industries in March 2005. Amount of the acquisition; Plan of Cytec for the operation of the Surface Specialties business.
- UCB Acquires Solutia Coatings for $510 million. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p9
Reports on the acquisition of the coatings ingredients business of Solutia by Brussels, Belgium-based chemical company UCB. Benefits of the acquisition for UCB; Background on the manufacturing facilities of Solutia; Value of the shares of Solutia.
- UCB dismisses claims it will sell chemicals arm. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;5/31/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2102, p6
Reports that UCB has denied claims that it plans to sell its chemicals business following a move towards biotechnology through the acquisition of Celltech. Comments from spokeswoman Laurence Battaille about the acquisition of Celltech; Value of the acquisition; Potential buyers of UCB chemicals...
- Alpharma Increases Its Foothold In the German Generics Market. Papanikolaw, Jim // Chemical Market Reporter;06/28/99, Vol. 255 Issue 26, p17
Focuses on the acquisition of Schwarz Pharma's German generic business Isis Pharma Group by Alpharma. Value of the deal; Details on the deal; Status of Germany's pharmaceutical industry; Alpharma's push into the European market.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;1/3/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p13
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of January 2001. Purchase made by Valspar; Stake sold by Ciba Specialty Chemicals to Hexcel.