5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/30/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 11, p4
Provides news items related to the chemical industry as of September 30, 2002. Precautionary shutdown of chemical and industrial plants in St. Charles, Louisiana due to tropical storm, Isidore; Unsaturated polyester resin business acquired by Reichhold Inc. from Millennium Polymer; Magnesium...
- Hydro upgrades Rafnes plant. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2161, p8
Reports on the plan of Hydro Polymers to upgrade its chlorine plant operation in Rafnes, Norway. Reason behind the move; Advantages provided by the efforts of the company to make environmental improvements.
- Hydro Polymers Gets Competitive. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/30/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 27, p47
Provides information on chlorovinyls producer Hydro Polymers from Oslo, Norway. Financial performance of the chemical company; Key chemical businesses of the firm; Operation of its chemical plants; Market outlook of the company.
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p6
Features news briefs on the European chemical industry as of October 22, 2001. Agreement between Akzo Nobel and Shell Renewables to mass produce flexible solar-cell panels; Purchase of the vacuum and pressure activities of the Smiths Group by the company Boc; Earnings of the plant nutrition...
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of October 27, 2003. Plans of Shell and Qatar Petroleum to build a gas-to-liquids plant at Ras Laffan Qatar; Rise in earnings posted by Norsk Hydro's fertilizer and industrial gases business for the third quarter.
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 18, p18
The article presents news briefs on construction projects in the chemical industry as of May 24, 2006. Technip has been awarded a contract by BP Zhuhai Chemical to provide project management services for its purified terephthalic acid plant in Zhuhai, China. Shell Chemical will run a pilot plant...
- Norsk Hydro Moves On Mideast Fertilizer. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the expansion in the capacity of the ammonia and urea production of Norsk Hydro in its plant in Messaied, Qatar. Partner of Norsk Hydro in the business; Scheduled operation of the expansion plant; Source of the funding for the project.
- Norsk Hydro studies chlorine and VCM plant expansions. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/3/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p15
Reports that Norsk Hydro Petrochemicals' is studying plans to increase capacity of its chlorine and vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) plants at Rafnes, Norway. Planned building of a cell chlorine plant at Rafnes; Company strategy of remaining a net exporter of VCM.
- Norsk Hydro enters into China PVC jv. // Chemical Business;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p82
Reports that Norsk Hydro Petrochemicals has entered into a joint venture to construct a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plant at Suzhou, China. Capacity of the plant; Schedule for the start up of the facility.