5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- Huntsman to buy Tronox assets. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2009, Issue 820, p5
The article reports on the plan of Huntsman to buy the assets of bankrupt titanium dioxide manufacturer Tronox in October 2009.
- Lennar's. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/ 7/2014, pA02
The article informs that various units of homebuilder Lennar Corp. are expected to lift earnings this quarter and so Goldman Sachs has upgraded the homebuilder to "conviction buy" from neutral and increased its price target to 48 dollar from 38 dollar.
- Huntsman picks U.S. for EB, styrene units. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;9/28/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p9
Reports that Huntsman Chemical will construct two ethylbenzene plants in the United States. Input for Huntsman Chemical's styrene unit; Restart of Huntsman's two ethylene furnaces.
- Huntsman expands styrene, eyes amines, ethylene boost. Cornitius, Tim; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;4/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 13, p9
Reports on Hunstman Corp.'s expansion of its styrene and amines businesses in Bayport and Conroe, Texas. Plans to build grassroots ethylene capacity; Purchase of Baker Performance Chemicals' plant in Dayton, Texas; Modernization project completion expected by April 1997; Talks with Texaco on...
- Huntsman upgrades plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p5
Reports on Huntsman Corp.'s installation of a high-activity catalyst process at its polypropylene manufacturing facility in Woodbury, New Jersey.
- INORGANICS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/12/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 19, p24
The article presents news briefs from the chemical industry including China's SP Chemicals to restart its chlor-alkali plant, Tronox Inc. targeting a 300 euros/tonne hike on titanium dioxide (TiO2), and Japan's Keiyo Monomer's month-long turnaround at its vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) plant in China.
- TRONOX FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY PROTECTION. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by Tronox for its U.S. operations, citing a need for relief from legacy environmental liabilities. The filing does not include Tronox's titanium dioxide operations outside the U.S. The company has incurred the liabilities when it...
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/19/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 14, p8
The article offers business news briefs related to the chemical industry. Dow Chemical Co. has declared force majeure (FM) on its toluene di-isocyanate at the company's Freeport facility in Texas. LyondellBasell Industries AF SCA, expects to face a difficult business environment in polymers in...
- EXECUTIVE Q&A Peter Huntsman, President and CEO Huntsman Corp. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p31
Interviews Peter Huntsman, president and chief executive officer of Huntsman Corp. Outlook for 2005 in terms of pricing, volumes, profitability; Expectations on the coming petrochemical cycle peak; Positioning of the company to take advantage of the cycle peak; Main challenges facing the...