â€¦but carries on buying
- Akzo Nobel Sells Stake In Flexsys Business. // JCT CoatingsTech;Feb2007, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the proposed deal to sell the 50% stake of Akzo Nobel in rubber chemicals business Flexsys to its joint venture partner Solutia Inc. The proposal also includes the sale of the Akzo toll manufacturing operation for Flexsys in Japan. The deal will enable Solutia to build the...
- Solutia reaches 'definitive agreement' over Flexsys buy. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 189 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on a definitive agreement reached by Solutia Inc. to purchase Akzo Nobel NV's stake in Flexsys, the 50-50 rubber chemicals joint venture between Akzo Nobel and Solutia. Solutia requires approval from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court before the deal can go through. Both companies...
- Flexsys Goes on the Block Again; Bear Stearns to Advise on Sale. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/9/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the decision of chemical firms Akzo Nobel and Solutia to sell their joint venture rubber chemical manufacturing firm Flexsys, in March 2005. Annual sales of Flexsys; Rubber chemical products of Flexsys; Competitors of Flexsys.
- Akzo China peroxides. // Chemical Week;7/2/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 26, p89
Focuses on Tianjin Akzo Nobel Peroxides plant as a joint venture between Tianjin Chemical Industry General and Akzo Nobel. Comments of Akzo Nobel board member Rudy van der Meer on customers making investment in China; Other organic peroxides plant operated by Akzo Nobel.
- AkzoNobel acquires minority shareholding in coil coatings JV. // Paintindia;Dec2008, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p158
The article reports on the acquisition of 25% minority shareholding of Nippon Paint by AkzoNobel in their European joint venture company Akzo Nobel Nippon Paint Holding B.V. in 2008. The joint venture manufactures and sells coil coatings in the greater European region. The shareholding of...
- AkzoNobel Makes Bid for Chlor-Alkali Firm. // Chemical Week;1/5/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 1, p9
The article announces that AkzoNobel has made an irrevocable bid to acquire chlor-alkali and derivatives company LII Europe from a group of investors. LII Europe, which consists of the chlor-alkali business of the former Hoechst, filed for insolvency at a Frankfurt court in Germany. Separately,...
- THE WEEK: December 24/31, 2003. // Chemical Week;12/24/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 46, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of December 24, 2003. Plan of Nippon Sanso and Taiyo Sanso to merge; Joint venture to be form by Akzo Nobel and Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG; Acquisition of Hall Chemical by Met-Chem Technologies from Foothill Capital.
- Solutia reverses decision to sell interest in Flexsys. // Rubber & Plastics News;7/15/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
Reports the termination of the alliance between Solutia Inc. and Akzo Nobel N.V. in St. Louis, Missouri. Sale of Solutia share in Advanced Elastomer Systems L.P.; Withdrawal of Solutia plans to sell interest in Flexsys.
- AkzoNobel Joins Project to Develop Environmentally Friendly Coatings. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the paints and coatings company Akzo Nobel NV to join the SEAFront (Synergistic Fouling Control Technologies) project of the Seventh Framework Program of the European Commission to develop environment friendly fouling-control coatings.