Prepare for a soft landing
- Economic Outlook Remains Unclear for the Chemical Industry. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/13/2002, Vol. 263 Issue 2, p4
Provides an economic outlook for the chemical industry for 2003. Chemical industry's overall output in terms of volume and revenues; Gains in petrochemicals, polymers and other downstream products; Trade balance and surplus.
- China's Chemical Output Growth Rate to Hit 13.7%. // Chemical Business;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p76
The article focuses on a report from the American Chemistry Council which indicates an improvement in the overall economic outlook for the chemical industry for the first quarter of 2010 while China is expected to surpass a chemical output growth rate of 13.7%.
- Mixed Signals. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;8/1/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 19, p3
The author looks at concerns arising from chemical market activities in various countries as of August 2011 and its implications for the economic outlook of chemical manufacturers for the second half of 2011.
- Cloudy Economic Outlook Dampens Prospects for the US Chemical Industry. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 11, p3
Discusses the bleak economic outlook for the U.S. in 2003-2004 and its implications for the local chemical industry. Geopolitical events; Higher energy prices; Performance of the industry in the first half of 2002.
- Chemical Industry Plods Along Bumpy Path to Potential Recovery. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;6/23/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 25, p1
Reports on factors affecting the recovery of the chemical industry in the United States. Effect of the seasonal pickup of the industry on the second quarter 2002 revenue outlook; Effect of high raw material costs; Impact of the European currency on chemical companies.
- Economic Indicators Strengthen for the Chemical Industry. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p4
Examines the economic outlook for the chemical industry in the United States. Natural gas cost; Downward phase in the global chemistry cycle; Shipments by the chemical industry.
- Chemical Firms Gloomy About 2002 Prospects. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/5/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p9
Reveals that chemical producers do not expect any improvement during the first-half of 2002, according to a survey. Factors that affect the chemical industry in 2001; Expected slip in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization at basic chemical makers in 2001; Expected...
- No Cheer in the Outlook, Amid Major Shifts. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;12/5/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p3
Predicts the slight growth of United States chemical shipments in 2002. Basis of predicting slight industry rebound for 2002; Predicted trade balance in 2002; What will eventually help chemicals demand.
- chapter 6: Key Sectors. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p55
The article presents a forecast on the economic performance of the petrochemicals industry in South Africa from 2006-2013.