33-Year-Old Woman With Marked Eosinophilia
- Azathioprine/mesalazine. // Reactions Weekly;1/26/2008, Issue 1186, p12
The article describes the case of an 18-year-old boy who developed pulmonary eosinophilia during treatment with azathioprine and mesalazine for ulcerative colitis. The boy presented with a one-week history of fever, productive cough and lassitude after one year of treatment with azathioprine and...
- Abiraterone acetate plus prednisone delayed pain progression in patients with advanced prostate cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;12/10/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p40
The article discusses research study published in the 2013 issue of the journal "Lancet Oncology" which found that abiraterone acetate plus prednisone delayed pain progression and healthcare-related quality of life in patients with advanced prostate cancer.
- Sulfasalazine. // Reactions Weekly;3/7/2009, Issue 1242, p42
The article presents a case of drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) induced by sulfasalazine. A 47-year-old woman experienced DRESS syndromes after taking 500 milligrams of sulfasalazine everyday for eight weeks. She was presented with fever, diffuse myalgia, severe asthenia...
- Montelukast. // Reactions Weekly;9/26/2009, Issue 1271, p25
The article describes the case of a man who experienced distal four-limb paraesthesia while receiving montelukast for asthma. Particular focus is given to the medical history of the patient and the results of an electromyogram and a neurological examination. The patient's leucocytosis and...
- Prednisone. // Reactions Weekly;Apr2015, Vol. 1548 Issue 1, p212
The article presents a case study of a 36-year-old woman with history of hypereosinophila, angioedema, and leukocytoclastic vasculitis, who developed psychiatric side effects while on treatment with prednisone corticosteroid drug for Loeffler syndrome treatment.
- Prednisone. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2015, Vol. 1569 Issue 1, p179
The article presents a case study of a thirty year man who was suffering from Pruritic morbilliform rash and worsening of peripheral eosinophilia which caused due to the reaction of medicine Prednisone.
- Prednisone. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2015, Vol. 1569 Issue 1, p177
The article presents a case study of a 30-year-old man, who developed pruritic morbilliform rash, along with worsening peripheral eosinophilic pneumonia, during treatment with oral prednisone.
- A rare case of cutaneous larva migrans due to Gnathostoma sp. Mukherjee, A.; Ahmed, N. H.; Samantaray, J. C.; Mirdha, B. R. // Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p356
A 28-year-old lady presented with recurrent erythematous skin lesions in different parts of the body for 3 months. There were several episodes of worm coming out of the lesions. Examination of the worms in the parasitology laboratory revealed it to be a larva of Gnathostoma sp. She was advised...
- Trichinellosis Masquerading as a Soft-Tissue Mass. Montgomery, Corey; Suggs, Steven; Emory, Cynthia; Pitcher, J. David // Case Connector;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p1
The article presents a case study of a 57-year-old woman who had a history of anterior interosseous nerve syndrome of the left and right forearm and rheumatoid arthritis. She was presented to the orthopedic oncology service for evaluation of a painless mass in the left forearm, which had been...