The Upside to Anxiety
- The Economy. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;12/14/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p3675
Presents statistical results of some studies on the U.S. economy. Job approval rating of U.S. President George W. Bush; Level of employee confidence; Buying behavior of consumers.
- Bush-league energy plan. // Commonweal;06/01/2001, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p5
Comments on the proposed energy plan of United States President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney. How consumers regard the pricing for energy utilities; Effects of the energy crisis on farmers and other small-business entrepreneurs; What the energy plan reflects on the...
- The Blinders Of Politics. Samuelson, Robert J. // Newsweek;6/16/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 24, p42
Presents the views of the author with regard to the efforts of U.S. Democrats to support economic recovery. Consideration of the tax cuts made by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush; Possibility that jobs will be generated as a result of tax cuts; Lack of consumer spending in...
- The Economy. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;9/25/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p2932
Presents information on a survey of the level of satisfaction among U.S. citizens about their personal finances and investments in 2004. Percentage of respondents who are confident of making investments for the future; Concern of the respondents on the campaign trail of 2004 presidential...
- Brag More, Mr. Bush. Karlgaard, Rick // Forbes Asia;9/19/2005, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p62
The author reflects on the results of several polls on the stance of U.S. citizens on the economy of the country. He cites the conflicting results of polls conducted by ABC News and the "Washington Post" periodical which claimed that 59% of citizens are not satisfied with the economy and also...
- Iraq. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;3/1/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p684
Presents a public opinion poll in the U.S. on the possible war against Iraq as of March 1, 2003. Percentage of the public who support a war with Iraq without United Nations authority; Percentage of the public who believe that Iraq can be disarmed peacefully; Approval rating of U.S. President...
- INVITATION TO UNILATERALISM. Schneider, William // National Journal;6/7/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p1810
Discusses the results of a public opinion poll conducted by Ipsos-Public Affairs on the views of people in Europe toward the U.S. as of June 7, 2003. Europeans view on the role of U.S. President George W. Bush in world affairs; Negative views of Europeans and Canadians on President George W....
- How's Bush doing? Don't ask a pollster. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p55A
Focuses on the opinions of the pollsters toward President George W. Bush in the U.S. Decrease of the popularity rating; Queries on the accuracy of the survey result; Distortion of the respondent's responses.
- Why polls for George W. Are Up. Sperling, Godfrey // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 182, p11
Examines a Washington Post-ABC polls which shows high approval ratings for United States President George W. Bush in the areas of personal favorability rating and job-approval.