When It Comes to College, a New Perspective Reveals Opportunities
- Financial Planning: Strategies and Lessons Learned. Brinkman, Paul T.; Morgan, Anthony W. // Planning for Higher Education;Apr-Jun2010, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p1
The article examines the functions and roles of financial planning within higher education institutions in the U.S. It looks at how environmental functions, such as shifting demographics, philosophical assumptions, and revenue streams, affect higher education financial planning. Details related...
- College Planning Cross Currents. Hirschfeld, Bob // Financial Planning;Apr2006, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p43
Discusses the features of college prepaid tuition plans and 529 college plans. Information on the laws passed by U.S. Congress which created the two plans; Explanation that factors that make college prepaid tuition plans more attractive than the 529 college plans; Reason for the rapid growth of...
- A Planner's Voice. Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p10
The article presents the author's views on financial planning with reference to financial planner Jim Grote.
- 5 Things to Tell Clients About College Costs. Foss, Kimberly // Financial-planning.com;3/4/2015, p9
The article shares tips for financial advisors when dealing with clients planning for their children's college education. It suggests providing calculations on earnings and college costs to encourage clients to begin saving for college. It stresses the need to make families consider college...
- Planning for College: Beyond Investment Strategies. Florian, Amy // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p39
The article discusses ways on how financial planners can have an effective investment strategy for college educational plans in the U.S. It mentions that financial planners must allow parents to talk about how they feel as it would make them feel that they were understood. Financial planners...
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p74
The article presents a short test on the contents of the July 2003 issue of the Journal of Financial Planning.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p74
The section presents an examination for financial planners.
- Expanding the Body of Knowledge. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
This section focuses on the mission of the 'Journal of Financial Planning,' which is to expand the body of knowledge of the financial planning profession. To conceptualize--knowledge, acquaintance with facts, range of information, awareness or understanding, is essential to excellence in work,...
- My Final Exam. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p54
â€¢ Though few agree on how financial planners should be regulated, most agree that today's system has serious flaws. This paper, winner of the Journal of Financial Planning's 2004 Call for Papers competition in the Future of the Profession category, envisions a future in which financial...