Earning the Right to the Relationship
- Finding a networking group. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;6/2/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p17
The article offers advice on finding a networking group. The author relates that in order to find a group, newspaper listings and Internet are useful. Gathering of recommendations from colleagues and friends are also helpful. The author added to find an organization that matches one's schedule,...
- Chapter 6: Networking and marketing yourself. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Get Yourself Promoted;2006, p54
Chapter 6 of the book "Bloomsbury Business Library-Get Yourself Promoted" is presented. It offers suggestions on effective business networking including purposes of networking, making a list of one's strong points and creating an Internet networking. It also highlights common mistakes while...
- Correction. // Black Enterprise;Nov2006, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p22
Corrections to the articles "Networking for Success" that was published in the August 2006 issue, and "Diversity University" published in the September 2006 issue are presented.
- Pumping a Client Pipeline. Leder, Gerri // On Wall Street;Jun2005, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p88
The article offers advice in turning a community network into a business connection. Financial advisers should recast their professional capabilities in terms of addressing issues that relate to them. Unleashing the power of the network comes down to finding the right moment to carve out their...
- Social Net-What? Ketter, Paula // T+D;Mar2009, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p22
This article offers insight and advice about the use of networking in career advancement. The author suggests that effective networking involves the ability to see through all the extraneous email and connections to choose meaningful online and offline relationships. A study suggests that many...
- A Different Take on Some Aspects of Work You Hate. Klaus, Peggy // California Job Journal;3/28/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1229, p3
The article discusses how a person can move ahead in his work. It suggests directing the energy towards improving the skills and qualities one already possesses rather than trying to become someone else. It also advises to approach a networking event with the same attitude one would have when...
- Networking. Swanson, Richard M. // Strategic Finance;Jun99, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on networking tips for accounting and financial professionals. The requisites to career success, aside from networking, are discussed. Advice for meeting professionals in other companies, following up, and taking advantage of networking opportunities is presented.
- Make Every Connection Count. // Business Credit;Feb2006, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p54
The article discusses the importance of networking as a tool for every business professionals. Networking offers opportunities to expand professionals' knowledge-base and make friends and associates in their line of work. Suggestions for networking at Credit Congress are outlined.
- Schmoozing Your Way To The Next Client. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p27
Presents guidelines for insurance and financial services industry executives in networking. Winning over people who can influence prospects; Serving as a "strategic connector" and information resource for others; Being persistent in following up with promising leads; Partaking in activities that...