I Scream, You Scream
- Temp Controls Key In Cooler Repairs. Marchese, Joe // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/3/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 9, p9
Discusses the importance of temperature control in repairing reach-in- coolers. Capacity to sense the temperature of the evaporator coil; Effectivity in controlling the case temperature; Adjustability of the cutout values in colder and warmer case temperature.
- Using a Low-Pressure Control to Maintain Temps. Marchese, Joe // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;02/05/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 6, p13
Explores the application of low pressure control to refrigeration systems. Mechanism of low pressure control; Determination of coil temperature; Procedures for setting the differential pressure.
- Electronic Expansion Valves. Dern, Charles D. // ASHRAE Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p88
The mechanical thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) for many years has been a mainstay in refrigeration systems. Current valves control by a combination of springs, refrigerant pressure, and proprietary charges in capillary tubes. These valves perform well for systems that work in relatively...
- Barriers to Energy Conservation in Industrial Refrigeration. Fisher, J. Michael // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p36
Addresses issues concerning the use of floating of discharge pressure to reduce energy use in a refrigeration system. Link between cooling process and temperature requirements of a refrigeration system; Factors that control the condenser capacity of a refrigeration system; Reasons for minimum...
- The Last Steps of a Service Call. Marchese, Joe // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/5/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 14, p25
The article offers information on how to leave a lasting impression on customers by making sure that there are no service ports that are leaking the refrigerant, verifying that the temperature control is properly set, and making sure that there are no issues with any drains on the system.
- Water coolers evolve to meet changing needs. Hird, Mark // PM Engineer;Apr95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the issues faced by manufacturers about the changes in the water cooling industry. Refrigerant issues; Lead issues; Challenges of providing products ha comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); National Sanitation Foundation Standard 61 as another...
- The big cover-up in the refrigeration case. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/03/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 14, p27
Focuses on the creation of a temperature barrier the opening of refrigerated display cases in supermarkets and the store interior. Qualities of an ideal thermal barrier arrangement; Factors that affect the payback of investment for the purchase of woven aluminum night covers.
- On the Spot. Spielman, Sharon // Process Cooling & Equipment;May/Jun2002, p7
Introduces articles published in the May 2002 issue of the periodical 'Process Cooling and Equipment.' Way to reduce cooldown time; Use of spot-cooling unit; Temperature control for refrigeration equipment.
- Smart Tools Can Help Solve HVACR Problems. Lockhart, Doug // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/14/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 11, p13
The article focuses on Digital Refrigeration System Analyzer (DRSA). It provides all the information one need's and can be mounted on charging manifold. It also shows the hidden pressure fluctuations. It is a product that can be used with residential A/C, rooftop A/C, beat pumps, supermarket...