New Cooling-Coil Dehumidifier Helps Clean Up 'Mess' of Hotel Pool Area
- People in Glass-Enclosed Pools Should See Clearly. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/29/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 5, p20
Highlights the use of state-of-the art technology in preventing humidity from clouding the Pennsylvania-based Pocmont Resort & Conference's all-glass indoor swimming pool enclosure. Specification of custom-manufactured dehumidification system designed for space by Dectron Internationale; Use of...
- Dehumidification brings new life to old facility. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/18/98, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p9
Describes the dehumidification plan for the Parkside YMCA pool facility in Glenville, New York. Structural damage resulting from the high humidity and chlorine levels of the facility; Project design awarded to Friedman Fisher Associates; Use of PoolPak dehumidification system; Unit's capability...
- Boilermakers Pool to Reduce Moisture, Produce Heat. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Sep2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on the application of dehumidifiers on swimming facilities. Dehumidification difficulties during super-chlorination periods; Air distribution design of the system; Significance of the system on water temperature.
- Heat recovery system does victory lap at pool facility. // Engineered Systems;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the usability of a dehumidification system applied in the aquatic facility at Splash Zone in Oberlin, Ohio. Design of the PoolPak dehumidification system; Composition of a dual-fan configuration capacity; Size of the indoor and outdoor pools.
- Olympic HVAC effort guides Goodwill Games. // Government Product News;Jul98, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the use of Dry-O-Tron RB-282 dehumidifiers, developed by Dectron Incorporated, to maintain suitable conditions at the Nassau County Goodwill Games Swimming and Diving Center. Function of the units; Benefits of the system.
- Dehumidification for indoor pools. Metzger, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/23/97, Vol. 201 Issue 8, p36
Discusses dehumidification for indoor pools. Control of moisture and humidity; Moisture migration; Air distribution and duct design; Pool water chemistry.
- Custom heat recovery dehumidifier makes splash at NYC natatorium. // Engineered Systems;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p22
Describes the Dry-O-Tron DS-282 heat recovery dehumidifier installed at the McBurney Y swimming pool of the New York City YMCA building. Minimization of condensation of the pool's four-wall glass design; Moisture removal; Airflow design.
- Monitoring, maintenance keeps pools balanced, safe. Blank, Dennis // Hotel & Motel Management;4/5/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p34
The article discusses strategies regarding swimming pool maintenance for the hotel industry. The facilities require regular surveillance to ensure a pool's proper chemical and chlorine level. Gaylord Palms uses an automated controller to monitor chemicals and program adjustments through a...
- Humidification & Dehumidification. // ASHRAE Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p14
The article reviews several humidification and dehumidification products, including the Atherion dehumidification and ventilation system by Modine Manufacturing, the CSG Catch-All filter-drier from Sporlan Division of Parker Hannifin, and the NE Series indoor pool dehumidifier by Seresco.