Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Terminal D Presents Air-Distribution Challenge
- READY FOR TAKEOFF. Comiskey, Daniel S. // Indianapolis Monthly;Nov2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p64
The article reports that the new $1.1 billion Indianapolis International Airport promises to elevate both the local economy and reputation of the city. Though it may not solve all the problems of the old terminal, it is architecturally bold and environmentally ahead of its time. Civic Plaza, the...
- Everything But Passengers. Johnson, Kimberly // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/1/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p46
The floors in Baghdad's international airport's Terminal C are polished to a sheen, reflecting its stately and dramatic arched ceiling. Launching commercial service at the Baghdad airport, formerly Saddam International, is because of the symbol of stability it represents, a top goal for the...
- Tucson wants to find quicker, easier flights in to Mexico. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;12/26/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the campaign to improve the airline services of Tucson International Airport. The problem in the airline service for Mexico started after Aero California pulled up its Tucson stakes last September 18, 2005. Vice president of community affairs J. Felipe Garcia is one of...
- LAX feels the pinch. Putzger, Ian // JoC Week;8/26/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 34, p15
Focuses on the lack of cargo space at the Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California, as of August 26, 2002. Background on the proposal to expand the airport and its cargo facilities; Implications for the region's air cargo industry.
- GEORGIA: Hartsfield Takes Top Slot. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32435, p9
The article reports that Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia was named the world's busiest airport in 2007 by the Airports Council International. According to the council, Hartsfield-Jackson had more than 89 million passengers, followed by Chicago O-Hare International...
- Preparing for takeoff. O'hara, Debbra // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr/May99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p63
Focuses on the renovation of the El Paso International Airport in El Paso, New Mexico. Construction of an air cargo building; Estimated economic impact of the airport.
- ASUR and Ferrovial group shortlisted for San Juan's LMM airport operation concession. // Travel Markets Insider Newsletter;5/1/2012, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p3
The article reports on the competition between Mexico's Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ASUR) and Spain's Ferrovial Aeropuertos to take control on the operations of Luï¿½s Muï¿½oz Marï¿½n International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- St. Louis International Airport looks to strengthen cargo connections. Thuermer, Karen E. // American Journal of Transportation;2/25/2013, Issue 550, p15
The article reports on the plan of St. Louis Lambert International Airport in Missouri to have international air cargo connections aimed to take advantage of the airport's geographic and logistics position in the region.
- Flights of artistry at D/FW Airport. Price, Michael H. // Fort Worth Business Press;7/25/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Comments on the significance of the opening of the International Terminal D of the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport in Texas to the airline industry. Architectural design of the airport terminal; Information on artworks exhibited in the airport terminal; Advantages of the terminal to passengers.