Refrigerant Data Update
- Seeking out chiller leaks. Sorensen, Thomas C. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Jul95, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p30
Looks at state-of-the art technology needed by the refrigeration industry to monitor chillers in order to comply with regulatory and safety standards in the United States. Requirements concerning indoor machine rooms; Major detection technology issues; Focus on the most widely applied...
- AHRI Revises Standard 880. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/3/2012, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the announcement from the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) regarding the revision of the AHRI 880 standard that will include the end reflection loss (ERL).
- Fundamentals of Safety Relief Systems. Reindl, Douglas T.; Jekel, Todd B. // ASHRAE Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p22
The article provides an overview of safety relief standards for refrigeration systems, focusing on pressure relief valves and 21st-century requirements for vent lines. Protection requirements for components such as positive displacement compressors, evaporators and pressure vessels of various...
- Retrofitting R-22 Supermarket Systems. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/5/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the elimination of HCFC-22 in equipment design and a reduction in the production of R-22 to 65 percent of 1989 levels in the U.S. Rising costs of the refrigerant and complex recordkeeping requirements; Kentucky conversion.
- Refrigerant recovery compliance and safety. Walter, E. Lon // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/12/99, Vol. 207 Issue 11, p12
Takes a look at safe handling of refrigeration and refrigerant recovery equipment. Packages of refrigerants; Prevention of cross-contamination of refrigerants; Problems related to improper recovery machine operation.
- More venting violations reported. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/5/93, Vol. 188 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the proposal of fines for two refrigerant venting violators, one in Maryland and another in North Carolina. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); First venting violation case in New England.
- HCFC Refrigerant Phaseout Gets Fine-Tuning. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/22/2007, Vol. 232 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the adjustments made regarding the production of hydrofluorocarbons (HCFC)-22 refrigerant in Canada. According to the article, it has been accorded at the Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol (MOP-19) that there will be a decrease in the manufacturing of HCFC-22...
- How to avoid explosions when transferring liquid refrigerants. Gagnier, Keith // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/19/93, Vol. 189 Issue 12, p44
Discusses how to avoid explosions when transferring liquid refrigerants. Safety practices when employing recovery methods that use liquid pumps; Studying explosions; System hookup recommendations.
- Guidelines for high-speed refrigerant pumping. Gagnier, Keith // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/19/93, Vol. 189 Issue 12, p46
Presents guidelines for high-speed refrigerant pumping in recovery methods. Three practical applications; Optimizing pumping performance; Component installation, operation; Pump operation; Pump size; Pressure ratings.