- New Balance to make Euro advertising debut. // Marketing Week;3/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p10
Announces that athletic brand New Balance is launching its first above-the line campaign across the U.S. and Europe. Tagline used in the campaign; Goal of the company to raise consumer awareness of its heritage as a running brand.
- New Balance Runs With Apparel. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/7/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 27, p19
Reports on footwear and activewear company New Balance's focus on its apparel segment. Reinvention of the brand's apparel; Ranking in a brand recognition survey; Plans to rely on freelancers and hire in-house designers; Objective to meet with retailers; Advertising campaigns.
- News Briefs. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;11/26/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p7
This section offers news briefs concerning the sporting goods industry in the U.S. Dunham signed a license agreement with Sampco Inc. for the brand's work and industrial collection. Jordan Brand announced that it is recognizing close to 300 educators through its Jordan Fundamentals Grant...
- News Briefs. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;12/22/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p4
The article offers news briefs on the sporting goods industry. New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. and Louis Vuitton Malletier have settled a dispute over the design of New Balance's 574 model shoe and Louis Vuitton's Minstrel shoe. The second quarter revenues for the 2010 second fiscal quarter of...
- An Outside Perspective. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Oct2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p20
An interview with Robert DeMartini, chief executive officer (CEO) of New Balance, is presented. When asked why he joined New Balance he responds that its track record and past successes made the job attractive to him. DeMartini comments on how having an outside perspective has helped the...
- New Balance Partners with Snowboard Brand 686. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;2/3/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
This article announces the release of a limited-edition collection from New Balance. The collection features snowboarding brand 686 and New Balance Times Collection. The 2009-2010 winter season collection is composed of outerwear, footwear, boots and accessories. Information on the Times New...
- Lifestyle Is Good for Business. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Dec2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses the new approach for Spring 2007 of suppliers adding fashion flair to the newest performance gear. Racy colors, fun designs, and comfort are showing up in everything from socks and shoes to purses and bags. Items from New Balance, SmartWool, and Dakine are among the...
- Sure Footing. Ryan, Thomas // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p28
Presents an interview with Jim Davis, chairman and CEO of New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc., about market share. Impact of the Adidas/Reebok merger on New Balance; Status of the running category; Approach of the company towards the women's running market.
- A Healthy Mash. Leand, Judy // SGB;Sep2008, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p34
The article presents the action sports footwear developed by various companies for the Spring 2009 event in the U.S. Companies are making down-trending action sports shoes to bring the industry in a brighter spot. It includes the Gilde shows from PF Flyers, the Boaris from Patagonia Inc. and the...