- GEAR. Beech, Mark; Kim, Albert; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;01/22/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 3, following p30
Reports on design techniques for skiing and snowboarding equipment. SPLT 66 snowboard, which splits in half to allow ascention of mountains without ski lifts; BetaRide 10.20 Titanium CXC skis, which provide flex and control in all conditions; INCA Dual Camber snowboard, which puts arches under...
- facing up to the cold facts. // Sports Illustrated;12/ 8/1975, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p46
The article evaluates several skiing gear including Comfort Products Lunar gloves, Nordica's green Meteor boots, and Bogner's red skiing suit.
- Whirling In To Take A Powder. // Sports Illustrated;12/14/1981, Vol. 55 Issue 25, p42
The article evaluates powder skiing garments, including parka coats from Goldwin-America, Gore-Tex suit from Marmot and stretch pants by Roffe.
- AMERICA'S SKI CLOTHES. // Sports Illustrated;12/16/1957, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p54
The article features several ski equipment and clothes, including stretch pants from Ernst Engel, knickers from Edelweiss and ski-two poncho from Ernst Engel.
- Unplug my boots and set me free. Campbell, Jule // Sports Illustrated;12/ 8/1975, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p51
The article evaluates several skiing gear including the yellow slicker suit from CB Sports, Exhibition Hot Boot from Hanson, and the interior-springed boots from Nordica.
- Rocket Man. Cook, Kevin; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;11/01/99, Vol. 91 Issue 17, p34
Mentions the equipment used by speed skiers, including Kevlar helmets, curved poles with aerodynamic grips and skin-tight polyurethane-coated Lycra suits with hard-foam shields in back. Speed of the skiers.
- Lift Lines. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p28
Discusses the evolution of Alpine ski and snowboard equipment lines for 2005 and 2006. Goal of the sporting goods industry for the equipment; Category that continues to register growth in both alpine and snowboarding; Features of several sporting goods, including snowboards and helmets.
- Trial run. Finnell, Janice; Kerrig, Bill // Skiing;Dec95, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p50
Features several skiing and snowboarding equipment. Gliders from Hed Design; Puffball Pullover jacket from Patagonia; Goggles from Smith Sport Optics; Cobalt Comp ski pole from Ice-USA; Winter Sports boot from Trukke.
- Ice, ice baby. Horwitz, Raymond; Chew, Mike // American Fitness;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p52
Presents information on some gear for skiing and snowboarding. Roffe jacket by Gerry Sportswear; Gortex gloves; Dragon Lady parka by Cold as Ice.