- Canadian pricing dispute settled. // DSN Retailing Today;8/16/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p37
Reports that a pricing disagreement between Canada's largest sporting goods chain Forzani Group and the nation's Competition Bureau have ended on a compromise.
- RETAILER & TEAM DEALER NEWS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p21
The article offers news briefs. Sport Chalet Inc. has partnered with Soles4Souls Inc. to aid the victims of the disastrous earthquake and tsunami which hit Japan by donating footwear. Canada-based sporting goods retailer Forzani Group Ltd. has acquired Sports International CSTS Inc. which is...
- Going Concern. Murdoch, Lorie // CA Magazine;Nov2006, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p12
The article presents the corporate profile of Forzani Group Ltd, an exclusive national retailer of sporting goods in Canada. In 1974, John Forzani and three team mates opened a 1,200-square feet retail store specializing in athletic footwear. The company has 13,000 employees in 470 stores under...
- Sport Chek. LAIRD, KRISTIN // Marketing (00253650);11/19/2012 Supplement, p39
The article discusses the marketing initiatives of the sports retailer Sport Chek of the parent company Forzani Group Ltd. that have resulted in Sport Chek's nomination for the journal's 2012 Marketer of the Year award. Topics include the use of consumer research in the development of a...
- Forzani Acquires National Sports. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of sporting goods retailer National Gym Clothing Ltd. by Forzani Group Ltd. Name under which Forzani operates; Advantage of the acquisition to Forzani, according to Bob Sartor, CEO of the company; Expected annual sales of Forzani.
- RETAILER & TEAM DEALER NEWS. // NSGA Retail Focus;May/Jun2011, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p22
The article offers news briefs related to sporting goods industry. Canadian Tire Corp. Ltd. will acquire Forzani Group Ltd., which will merge both companies' sporting goods in Canada. Sports Authority in partnership with Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA) will endorse the month of May as Skin Care...
- Robert B. Mcknight Jr. // Orange County Business Journal;05/31/99, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p26
Profiles Robert B. McKnight, chairman and chief executive officer of sportswear firm Quiksilver Inc. Overview of the company's business; Educational attainment; Civil involvement.
- Quiksilver, Inc. // Quiksilver, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2015, p1
A SWOT analysis of Quiksilver, Inc is presented.
- SWOT Analysis. // Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Sep2011, p1
A business analysis of Canadian Tire Corporation, Ltd., a retailing company, is provided, focusing on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced by the company. Strengths include brand strength and reach. Weaknesses include employee retirement benefit obligations....