Spalding Turns a Misstep Into a Lesson Learned
- Spalding: An Idea with Bounce. Dann, Jeremy B. // Technology Review;Apr2005, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p36
This article focuses on the innovation of Spalding with the design of Infusion basketball. When Dan Touhey became the manager of basketball products for Spalding's sporting goods division, his group was doubtful about the prospects of creating a truly breakthrough product. But as soon as he...
- Coming to Grips Spalding Looks to Rebound from Its NBA Game Ball Fiasco. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;12/26/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the decision of the National Basketball Association (NBA) to defer the composite-material game ball from Spalding company and return to leather ball. The decision which was announced by NBA Commissioner David Stern, was triggered by various complaints on how the ball...
- Spalding Introduces A New NBA Ball. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p11
This article discusses basketballs used by the National Basketball Association (NBA). The article reports that in 2006, the NBA has switched from using leather basketballs during game play to using synthetic basketballs made of a microfiber composite. The ball, made by Spalding, will no longer...
- Take the money and run. Wilner, Barry // Basketball Digest;Nov96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p60
Focuses on the contracts signed by various players in the 1996-97 season of the National Basketball Association in the United States. Increase in the number of free-agents; Amount of the contract signed; Players traded.
- SUBSTANCE OVER STYLE. Wilner, Barry // Basketball Digest;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p74
Provides information on the recruitment of players in the National Basketball Association.
- HEAD--AND--AHEAD OF THEIR CLASS. Levin, Jason // Basketball Digest;Jan2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p34
Provides information on the different players from the National Basketball Association in the United States who were recruited to play for the professional league when they were in high school.
- Agent's trade is valuable imports. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the import of basketball players from China and Brazil to play for the National Basketball Association (NBA) in the U.S. Selection of Chinese center Yao Ming for the tournament; Legality on the importation of Ming for the NBA; Earnings of the Chinese government from Chinese athletes.
- Let's Make a Deal. Soonachan, Irwin // Basketball Digest;Feb2001, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p58
Describes the tension created by the preparation for the trading of players in the middle of the National Basketball Association's 2001 season in the United States.
- Legends are made in the NBA playoffs. // Basketball Digest;May94, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p46
Presents five National Basketball Association (NBA) legends who performed well during playoffs. Kareem Abdul Jabbar; Magic Johnson; Rick Barry; Michael Jordan; Jerry West.