- Adidas Beats Forecasts. Marsh, Emilie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/10/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 100, p14
The article reports on the financial performance of German activewear company Adidas AG for the third quarter of 2006. Boosted by the World Cup soccer championship and its lifestyle lines, the company reported third-quarter profits increased 13 percent, beating analysts' forecasts. Sales...
- Target Earnings from Cards Increase 41%. Jalili, H. Michael // American Banker;3/5/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 43, p7
The article reports that Target Corp.'s credit card operations were given a boost from strong sales of gift cards. According to the article, the Minneapolis-based company announced that earnings before taxes from credit card operations, during the quarter ending February 3, 2007, rose 41% from...
- Casual businesswear comfortably outpaces apparel market. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, Apparel Merchandising pA6
Reports on the increase in sales for casual businesswear. Findings of a study by The NPD Group; Casual wear spendings by men and women in 1995.
- Bodywear packs a punch. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, Apparel Merchandising pA36
Focuses on the sport clothes industry in the United States. Emerging trends; Increase in sales; Leading retailers; Price wars among merchandisers.
- Getting P.A.I.D. Billue, Zana // Black Enterprise;May95, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p33
Features the Pro Athlete In Development (P.A.I.D.) athletic apparel line owned by Michael Coburn. Merchandise included in apparel line; Sales of the apparel in retail stores.
- ASR Stays Loose to Chase a Churning Market. Jones, Rose Apodaca // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/19/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 11, Trade Shows U.S.A. p24
Reports on the holding of the Action Sports Retailer Expo, the tri-annual showcase for the surf, skate, swim and streetwear industries, in San Diego, California, on September 8-10, 2000. Challenges facing the trade show; Sponsors of the music event to be held on September 8; Number of exhibitors.
- Retailers and makers share glory. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/19/1997 Supplement, Vol. 174 Issue 97, p34
Lists the top ten sportswear brands in the United States as of November 1997. Liz Claiborne; Dockers; Gap; CK Calvin Klein; Cherokee; Jaclyn Smith; Banana Republic; Izod; Anne Klein II; J. Crew.
- Courting the female athlete. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/19/1997 Supplement, Vol. 174 Issue 97, p44
Presents the top ten sports wear for women in the United States as of November 1997. Nike; Reebok; Adidas; Danskin; L.A. Gear; Converse; Champion; Spalding; Capezio; White Stag.
- Moderate: Challenging times. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/9/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 27, WWD Magic International p16
Reports on the impact of United States department stores' push into moderate-price merchandise on the sportswear business. Stores' demand for their vendors to deliver fashion basics on time and at the right price; Problems encountered in developing clearly defined fashion trends; Growth...