Boiler Winter-Survival Tips
- Installing Small Condensing Boilers. D'Antonio, Peter C. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p46
Focuses on the installation considerations that should be made when installing a condensing boiler. Installation of the proper foundation pad; Instructions which must be taken into consideration when constructing a condensate system; Consideration which must be given to the capabilities of...
- Oil Heat Cares keeps the heat on. Faloon, Kelly // Plumbing & Mechanical;May2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p52
The article informs that Chapter members of the National Association of Oil Heating Service Managers each year teach local families to repair or replace their old boilers. It has been stated that most Oil Heat Cares projects start with a service call where techs find heating systems too old or...
- Maintaining boilers for safety. Rogers, Terry; Murray, Donald // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;08/09/99, Vol. 207 Issue 15, p15
Discusses preventive maintenance tips for boilers. Causes of accidents; Overheating of exterior shell and insulation; Checking for water leaks; Monitoring of boiler's chemical mixtures.
- CO2 Blasting Restores HRSG Performance. Norton, Chris; Taikowski Jr., Rich // Power;Jun2015, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p54
The article presents suggestions on how to deal with fouling in heat recovery steam generator (HRSG), caused by tube deposits and corrosion that degrade combustion turbine (CT) and combined cycle performance and reduce steam production, decrease steam temperatures. It is mentioned that removal...
- Avoid boiling over. Brenn, Paul // American School & University;Jul95, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the need to set up a preventive maintenance program for boiler and pressure vessel systems in the schools to avoid disasters. Preventive measures to ensure boiler and pressure vessel safety; Cost of boiler maintenance; Lack of boiler maintenance staff in schools. INSET: Warning signs..
- Trade-offs. Siegenthaler, John // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jul2013, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on two desirable characteristics of old broilers that are needed in broilers of today in North America. It is noted that the heat exchanger in broilers has to be small and light to make them small and light. It is mentioned that self-buffering is one of the desirable...
- I ester on licensing. Holohan, Dan // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jul2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
The article presents the author's views on his friend Lester who started selling "Jenny Craig" boilers after reading about the health benefits of being chilly. He comments that Lester has been very successful with this as these are ordinary boilers but half the size of what the building needs on...
- B&W IR-CFB: Operating experience and new development. Maryamchik, M.; Wietzke, D. L. // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p51
The paper provides an update on B&W Internal Recirculation (IR) CFB boilers featuring a two-stage solids collection system. The paper describes the latest commercial projects, operating experience and developments in boiler design and process. Those concern solids collection system, erosion...
- Dimplex offers 40-strong range. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2008, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p31
The article evaluates the 12kW Ascari electric domestic heating system boiler and SCx unvented hot-water cylinders from Dimplex.