Seeing Opportunity in the Boiler-Industry Challenges of 2007
- LEADING EDGE. RAUBER, PAUL // Sierra;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p42
The article presents the author's views on the efforts of Denmark to become free of fossil fuels by 2050. He states that Demnark has pledged commitment to renewable energy in late 1990s and has implemented numerous measures to achieve it. These measures include wide bike lanes that are...
- POWER to the People. Taggart, Jim // SA&B Mag: Sustainable Architecture & Building;May/Jun2011, Issue 29, p5
The article informs about the Feed in Tariff (FiT) Program by Ontario Power Authority, Ontario, Canada having both micro renewable energy for residential and commercial renewable energy installations, which is providing incentives for homeowners and commercial enterprises to start small scale...
- Beijing to Put RMB60 BN in Energy Conservation and Environmental Friendly Projects. // China Chemical Reporter;5/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p5
The article reports that the Beijing Municipal Government in China has planned to establish a special fund of energy conservation and build more than ten key energy conservation and environmental friendly projects. To ensure the 2008 Green Olympic Games, the government has initiated the 2007...
- Energy gluttony means deadly game of chicken. Hetrick, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p42A
The article presents the view of the author on being an energy glutton. The author states that passing the buck on the insatiable thirst for energy is increasing the risk with dirty and dangerous fuels while treating the renewable fuel alternatives and opting out on conservation. The author also...
- Sustainable Energy Systems - Saving money through conservation. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/10/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 19, p32
The article presents several strategies that can help to lessen the energy cost including studies on energy conservation, co-generation assessment, and utility bill auditing.
- Kuwait plans renewable energy complex. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/4/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 44, p18
The article reports that Kuwait's Electricity and Water Ministry and Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research are considering to build a 70MW renewable energy complex at Abdeli, Kuwait.
- NEW GENERATION. Wallace, Kris // ReNew Canada;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the author's insights on implications of the energy programs in Ontario and British Columbia to the energy industry in Canada. She claims that the Feed-in-Tarrif (FIT) programs are effective initiatives to encourage renewable energy installations. She raises a question on...
- Green Energy Project Implements Boiler. // Wood Bioenergy;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses the custom Hurst Boiler 600 BHP biomass technology installed at the University of Iowa's (UI) Oakdale Research Campus as part of UI's Green Energy Initiative to have 40% of its energy needs met with renewable resources by the end of 2020.
- Quantification of energy savings from Ireland's Home Energy Saving scheme: an ex post billing analysis. Scheer, Jim; Clancy, Matthew; Hógáin, Sadhbh // Energy Efficiency (1570646X);Feb2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p35
This paper quantifies the energy savings realised by a sample of participants in the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland's Home Energy Saving (HES) residential retrofit scheme (currently branded as the Better Energy Homes scheme), through an ex post billing analysis. The billing data are...