A rage in Detroit: officer kills unarmed teen
- Eyewitnesses shed more light on '08 Karze protest. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the consequences of the actions made by the Chinese paramilitary People's Armed Police (PAP) who fired on a demonstration by some 500 Tibetans at Draggo County of Karze Prefecture, Sichuan Province on March 24, 2008. The two brothers revealed that the protest was headed by...
- Outrage in Ferguson. SMITH, PATRICIA; Bosnian, Julie; Goode, Erica // New York Times Upfront;9/15/2014, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the debate and protest related to the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri by white police officers. Topics covered include the police account of the incident, autopsy report and the different opinions on whites and African Americans on whether the...
- About 25 people were arrested in Los Angeles. McLaughlin, Abraham; Siems, Shelby // Christian Science Monitor;8/1/95, Vol. 87 Issue 172, p2
Informs about the arrest of 25 people in Los Angeles during the protests over the killing of a teenage boy by the police.
- Judge Drops Charges Against Protesters In Diallo Shooting. // Jet;04/26/99, Vol. 95 Issue 21, p5
Reports that New York City Judge A. Kirke Bartley Jr. has dismissed charges against more than 1,000 people who were arrested during demonstrations over the police killing of West African immigrant Amadou Diallo.
- Take Cover. // Newsweek Global;8/21/2015, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p10
A photograph is presented of police officers and bystanders ducking after hearing gunshots on West Florissant Avenue in Ferguson, Missouri where county police officers shot and wounded a man during demonstrations on August 9, 2015.
- Police Firing on Women. Ranjan, Deba; Mohanty, Brajendra // Economic & Political Weekly;3/21/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p4
A letter to the editor is presented commenting on police shooting over women agitators at Namatara village of Kendrapara District in the state of Odisha, India, on March 8, 2015.
- Protests after teenager gang-raped and set ablaze in Kolkata. // Eastern Eye;1/10/2014, Issue 1233, p19
The article reports on the protests of several hundred activists in Kalkota, India in the aftermath of the brutality suffered by an Indian teenager who was gang-raped in two separate attacks and died after setting her on fire.
- Slain Teen Inflames Mideast. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/3/2014, pA01
7 The discovery of the body of an abducted Palestinian teen in Jerusalem further heightened tensions, as Palestinian protesters and Israeli police clashed. Some suspect the killing was revenge for the recent kidnapping and murder of 3 Israeli teens, whose bodies were found on Mon. in the West...
- POLICE SHOOTINGS. Olsen, Lise; Khanna, Roma // IRE Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on an investigation of the police shootings of two unarmed teenagers in Houston, Texas in 2003. Opinion of police officers about the training and alternative weapons provided for them; Process used by the reporters in analyzing the documents of the Houston Police Department; Illegal...