A rage in Detroit: officer kills unarmed teen
- Eyewitnesses shed more light on '08 Karze protest. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the consequences of the actions made by the Chinese paramilitary People's Armed Police (PAP) who fired on a demonstration by some 500 Tibetans at Draggo County of Karze Prefecture, Sichuan Province on March 24, 2008. The two brothers revealed that the protest was headed by...
- Judge Drops Charges Against Protesters In Diallo Shooting. // Jet;04/26/99, Vol. 95 Issue 21, p5
Reports that New York City Judge A. Kirke Bartley Jr. has dismissed charges against more than 1,000 people who were arrested during demonstrations over the police killing of West African immigrant Amadou Diallo.
- Protests after teenager gang-raped and set ablaze in Kolkata. // Eastern Eye;1/10/2014, Issue 1233, p19
The article reports on the protests of several hundred activists in Kalkota, India in the aftermath of the brutality suffered by an Indian teenager who was gang-raped in two separate attacks and died after setting her on fire.
- POLICE SHOOTINGS. Olsen, Lise; Khanna, Roma // IRE Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on an investigation of the police shootings of two unarmed teenagers in Houston, Texas in 2003. Opinion of police officers about the training and alternative weapons provided for them; Process used by the reporters in analyzing the documents of the Houston Police Department; Illegal...
- Police fire on Tibetans protesting factory pollution. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the Tibetans injured from police shooting and beating after protesting against pollution and encroachment of a factory site.
- Shreveport Blacks Protest White Police Officers' Shooting Of Unarmed Black Man. // Jet;
Reports that Black residents of Shreveport, Louisiana attended a march and rally sponsored by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to protest White police officers' shooting of unarmed Black man in 2003. Events that led to the police shooting; Action taken by the...
- TEARS & OUTRAGE. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/22/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that the New York City police are being criticized for the killing of Khiel Coppin, a teenager, in a police shooting in New York City. In a program at Nazarene Congregational United Church of Christ in Brooklyn, W. Taharka Robinson, a family spokesperson, termed the shooting...
- DURING ATTACK ON BAR CROWD--SF Gays protest shooting by cops. // Advocate;1/6/71, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the protest of major homophile organizations to the police action resulting in a shooting outside the Folsom Street gay bar in San Francisco, California. Discussion of additional actions by several Gay Liberation Front organizations; Accounts on the police shooting; Victim of the...
- A season of sanctions--Sean Bell fallout continues. Arinde, Nayaba // New York Amsterdam News;12/21/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 52, p6
The article reports on the rally march down Fifth Avenue in New York City in protest of the death of African American Sean Bell. Bell was gunned down by the police while leaving a club where he had his bachelor's party. The incident prompted activists and ordinary people in New York to join in...