A rage in Detroit: officer kills unarmed teen
- POLICE SHOOTINGS. Olsen, Lise; Khanna, Roma // IRE Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on an investigation of the police shootings of two unarmed teenagers in Houston, Texas in 2003. Opinion of police officers about the training and alternative weapons provided for them; Process used by the reporters in analyzing the documents of the Houston Police Department; Illegal...
- TEARS & OUTRAGE. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/22/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that the New York City police are being criticized for the killing of Khiel Coppin, a teenager, in a police shooting in New York City. In a program at Nazarene Congregational United Church of Christ in Brooklyn, W. Taharka Robinson, a family spokesperson, termed the shooting...
- Eyewitnesses shed more light on '08 Karze protest. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the consequences of the actions made by the Chinese paramilitary People's Armed Police (PAP) who fired on a demonstration by some 500 Tibetans at Draggo County of Karze Prefecture, Sichuan Province on March 24, 2008. The two brothers revealed that the protest was headed by...
- With Thomas killing, Cincinnati death toll 15. Carrillo, Karen Juanita // New York Amsterdam News;04/19/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the social unrest caused by the killing of African-American teenager Timothy Thomas by police officers in Cincinnati, Ohio, as of April 19, 2001. Background on the incident which caused riots, protests and attacks by African-Americans against whites in the city.
- About 25 people were arrested in Los Angeles. McLaughlin, Abraham; Siems, Shelby // Christian Science Monitor;8/1/95, Vol. 87 Issue 172, p2
Informs about the arrest of 25 people in Los Angeles during the protests over the killing of a teenage boy by the police.
- Shreveport Blacks Protest White Police Officers' Shooting Of Unarmed Black Man. // Jet;5/26/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 22, p32
Reports that Black residents of Shreveport, Louisiana attended a march and rally sponsored by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to protest White police officers' shooting of unarmed Black man in 2003. Events that led to the police shooting; Action taken by the...
- Judge Drops Charges Against Protesters In Diallo Shooting. // Jet;04/26/99, Vol. 95 Issue 21, p5
Reports that New York City Judge A. Kirke Bartley Jr. has dismissed charges against more than 1,000 people who were arrested during demonstrations over the police killing of West African immigrant Amadou Diallo.
- PRAYERS FOR HEALING. // Jet;3/3/2008, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p18
The author reports on the killing of business owner Charles Thornton by the police in Kirkwood, Missouri. According to the article, Thornton was killed by police after he shot and killed a total of five people. The author states that the shooting was in relation to a disagreement which Thornton...
- SHOOTINGS OF AND BY CHICAGO POLICE: UNCOMMON CRISES PART I: SHOOTINGS BY CHICAGO POLICE. Geller, William A.; Karales, Kevin J. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Winter1981, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p1813
This article attempts to describe and study a phenomenon known as police shootings. The different types of shootings are susceptible to very different types of control, and no single strategy for reducing shootings is relevant to all types of events. Police and the public at large have a common...