Speed, Quality, Flexibility in ID Printers
- Can I see your ID, please? // Community College Week;11/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p15
Presents information on Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, which are preparing to expand their multipurpose plastic identification cards for use by their students. Information on what the card allows students to do; Effect of move on Minnesota State Colleges and Universities the largest...
- NATIONAL UNIC NUMBER REGISTRAR. UTOPY OR "A MUST HAVE". Olteanu, Cosmin // Lex ET Scientia International Journal;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p514
In the context where 4 universities have been discovered to enroll students on fake faculties or fake form of faculties and moreover to print diplomas for them, a change is needed. This change is to be made by a national database of unique numbers for every student (license studies, master...
- ID Cards Herald New Era. // Association Management;May2003, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the innovation in employee identification cards in the U.S. Transition into data banks; Personal information about the cardholder; Shipment of smart cards.
- Contactless Student ID, Payment Card. // American Banker;3/10/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 37, p9
The article reports that Blackboard Inc. has created a college student identification card that uses "contactless" technology to enable a single card for building access and payments.
- Watchdog challenges ID card database accuracy. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;7/22/2003, p8
The government in Great Britain has warned in July 2003 that it will have to ensure that the 67 million records collected to run its proposed national identity card (ID) scheme, are significantly more accurate than the best existing government databases, if it is to avoid breaching data...
- Media and printer compatibility. O'Connell, Tim // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p72
Presents advice on purchasing an identification (ID) card printer. Categories of ID card printing; ID card stock standard; Deviation from single layer stocks; Features of a standard ribbon; Advantages of using holograms; Issues that need to be addressed before buying an ID printer.
- IDing Printer Reliability. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2003, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p21
Reports on factors to determine the reliability of printing equipment used for producing identification (ID) cards. Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology used to boost the security and accuracy of many ID printers; Specifications of goals and objectives of the card program. INSET:...
- New ID law stands to drive Californians nuts. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/3/2006, Issue 323525, p22
The article comments on the Real ID Act, which was passed by the U.S. Congress in 2005 to implement a unified and uniform identification law and database. Key issues discussed include the costs of implementing the new law in California and concerns regarding the absence of the information system...
- DiseÃ±o de un carnÃ© de identificaciÃ³n universitario mediante tarjetas inteligentes. Vargas-García, Edwin; Trujillo-Olaya, Vladimir; Velasco-Medina, Jaime // IngenierÃa y Competitividad;Dec2007, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p93
This article presents the design of a university identification card by means of smart cards. This design is based on a multipurpose application and the security is implemented into the card's microchip by means of elliptic curves over GF (2163). The card is designed using BasicCards, which...