How Secure is Your Wireless Security?
- Awake From A Wireless Dream. Alsop, Stewart // Fortune;10/15/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 7, p66
Discusses the wireless networking application protocol 802.11, known as WiFi. Why wireless networking is an innovative phenomenon; View that WiFi deserves all the marketing hype which is has received, but that the concept of public-access wireless is far from implementation; How the technology...
- SPECTRUM SHARING GROUP. // Intermedia (0309118X);Jul2013, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p2
The article offers information on the organization Dynamic Spectrum Alliance and discusses its regulatory policies for enhancement of innovative new wireless technologies that address growing wireless data and digital divide challenges.
- SMS sneaks up as mobile technology of choice among users. Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;03/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p58A
Deals with the increase in the use of short message services (SMS) on global system for mobile communications telephones. Features of the SMS; Popularity of the mobile technology over the wireless application protocol; How the SMS functions.
- Is the Telecom Nightmare Over? McRae, Hamish // Fortune International (Europe);7/9/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p16
Reports on a decline in the European mobile telecommunications industry as of July, 2001. Impact of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP); Perceived reasons the market may improve, including cost cutting through cooperation on so-called third generation (3G) technology and the use of existing...
- Convergence--back with a vengeance. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p12
Analyzes the way mobile users welcome the convergent features and functions of mobile phone technologies. Definition of convergence; Other features and functions of mobile phones besides standard dialing and talking; Opportunities and challenges introduced by the proliferation of mobile phone...
- Chyron boosts Mobile Suite. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Oct2006, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the launching of mobile suite CAMIO MOS2WAP by Chyron Corp. The MOS2WAP option for Camio allows news reporters to easily produce and deliver high-quality mobile news content to mobile phone wireless application protocol pages directly from their media object server...
- ZigBee: The Emerging Technology in Building Automation. Raut, Archana R.; Malik, L. G. // International Journal on Computer Science & Engineering;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p1479
With the development of industrial automation technology, the limitation of traditional cable control network has become increasingly prominent. Consequently, establishing a reliable data transmission network becomes a critical demand in industry. Increasingly, companies developing monitoring...
- Agencies eye potential in wireless apps. Gilbert, Jennifer // Advertising Age;3/6/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 10, special section pS46
Focuses on United States advertising agencies which are developing applications to help marketers transition their interactive advertising from personal computers to wireless devices. Details of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum, an industry organization which is developing global...
- KPN, Interpay complete WAP financial transaction. // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p37
Reports on the completion of the Wireless Application Protocol financial transaction on mobile network by the KPN Mobile company and the Interpay Nederland company. Benefits of the real-time payment solution to mobile commerce; Technology used in the payment solution.