U.K. Police Attracted to Mobile Electronic Fingerprinting
- Northrop Grumman Nabs $141 Million Task Order To Keep Supporting ABIS. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;5/25/2011, Vol. 250 Issue 39, p6
The article reports that Northrop Grumman Corp. has received a follow-on task order worth 141 million dollars to continue developing and supporting the U.S. Department of Defense's Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS). Northrop Grumman unseated incumbent Lockheed Martin (LMT) in late...
- Northrop Grumman Delivers Biometric Matching System To DoD For Pilot. // Defense Daily International;12/6/2012, p8
The article reports on the announcement of Northrop Grumman Corp. that it has delivered an automated biometric matching system (ABIS) to the Australian Defence Department which will be tested as part of the latter's efforts to develop a multimodal biometric database for the armed forces. It...
- NEWS: Tell-tale print. HARRIS, STEPHEN // Engineer (Online Edition);8/15/2011, p8
The article discusses the availability of a new fingerprinting technology that can reveal the diet, drug habits and ethnicity of a suspected criminal.
- MI DPM Uses Fingerprint Time Clock. // Podiatry Management;Feb2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p52
Reports on the use of employee fingerprint time clocks in podiatry practices. Description of the fingerprints device; Benefit from the device.
- How to Stop Identity Theft. Johnson, Steven // Discover;Oct2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p27
Discusses the validity of fingerprinting as a means of personal identification. Development of Password Manager fingerprint hardware and software by DigitalPersona; Difference between a criminal fingerprint and DigitalPersona scanner; Problems on the use of fingerprints; Oppositions to biometrics.
- Biometrics. Stephenson, Peter // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p42
The article reports on the development of biometric application products in the U.S. The top challenge is the cost of the devices, although the prices of fingerprint scanners are expected to lower in the future. The biometric products have evolved from hardware that interface with an identity...
- Fingerprint Classification using KEVR Algorithm. Thepade, Sudeep D.; Parekh, Dimple; Murthi, Vinita; Mantri, Siddharth; Shah, Bhavin // International Journal of Computer Applications;May2012, Vol. 45, p5
Fingerprints offer an infallible means of personal identification. They are the most common and extensive form of biometric identification used at present. The use of fingerprint identification systems has become prevalent. The enormously growing size of fingerprint samples for identification...
- Biometrics Security Technology: The Future Now. Berger, Vic // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2007, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p60
The article discusses issues related to biometrics security technology in the U.S. It is stated that biometrics is the study of measurable biological characteristics. The paper also discourses the advantages and future of biometrics. The technology includes fingerprint recognition where...
- When Computers Know You By Your Keystrokes. JONTZ, SANDRA // Signal;Sep2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on the use of behavioral biometrics identification as one of the latest methods of identity verification. Topics discussed include the vulnerability of information to attacks, the benefit of effective behavioral biometrics in terms of providing automated protection, and the...