- SMP to distribute U.S. list of U.K.'s Bloomsbury. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p18
Reports that the London-based publisher, Bloomsbury, is launching a ten-title list of books in the United States in the fall of 1998. Agreement with St. Martin's Press to handle sales; US operations to be run by Alan Wherry, founding director of Bloomsbury.
- Bloomsbury Profits Up; Banking On Potter With Scholastic. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in 2004. Increase in profits; Total revenue; Number of pre-orders for the book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Bloomsbury shows a healthy profit. // Printing World;9/30/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in Great Britain. Profits accumulated by the company in the first half of its financial year; Total earnings from sales of the phenomenal success of the five Harry Potter books; Influence of the Holiday rush on the...
- Social Sciences & Humanities. // EventDV;May2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 5, p12
The article offers U.S. news briefs as of May/June 2012 on various topics including Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals, expansion of Accessible Archives Inc. and partnership between Bloomsbury Publishing PLC and Publishers Communication Group.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p8
Reports on developments related to the book publishing industry. Plans of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC to impose tough sanctions on booksellers who break the strict sales embargo on 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix'; Random House Deutschland's sale of Berlin Verlag to Arnulf Conradi;...
- FIT TO PRINT. Rapoport, Adam // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar2002, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p106
Reports the publication of Pocket Movie Guides by Bloomsbury in London, England. Titles of films; Highlights of the film-book series.
- Bloomsbury's wizard profit. // Printing World;4/7/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that Bloomsbury Publishing PLC, publisher of the blockbuster Harry Potter series, said that it would register record profits in 2005 thanks to sky high demand for the boy wizard's latest installment. The publisher revealed last week that pre-orders for Harry Potter and the...
- ABA suit against publishers looks like a long affair. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/13/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p9
Reports on the American Booksellers Association's (ABA) antitrust lawsuit against publishing companies Penguin USA, Houghton Mifflin, St. Martin's Press, Rutledge Hill Press and Hugh Lauter Levin Associates. ABA's commitment to pursue the case by allocating budget to fund the legal action;...
- E-BookExpo America: A Taste of Things to Come. Mutter, John; Brown, Jennifer M.; Eichler, Leah; Garrett, Lynn; Hilts, Paul; Howell, Kevin; Kinsella, Bridget; Kiser, Karin N.; Maryles, Daisy; Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin; Rawlinson, Nora; Roback, Diane; Rosenblum, Trudi M.; Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 24, p9
Focuses on the 2000 BookExpo America show held by the American Booksellers Association in Chicago, Illinois from June 2-4, 2000. Electronic publishers at the show; African-American publishers at the conference; Religious and spiritual themes of the several events; Alliances between book...