East Mfg names TX, MO dealerships
- Oldsmobile's demise spawns solo dealerships. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News;6/17/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5987, p3
Focuses on the consequences faced by General Motors Co. for the closure of stand-alone General Motor franchises in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Decline in the sales of Oldsmobile to cause the closure of the franchises; Strategy of the company to survive the dealership; Decline in the sales of...
- The Practical Practices of the Pedagogical Porcelain Pig. Kmitta, John // Landscape & Irrigation;May/Jun2011, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the growth of landscape company with the help of franchise and dealership opportunities.
- Expo reflects the industry it serves. Vaughan, Mike // Dealernews;Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p64
The article offers the author's insights regarding the Dealer Expo show in 2013. He says that over 10,000 people were in Indianapolis, India including exhibitors, dealers and staff, about 5,400 registered as attendees, and approximately 3,700 of them described themselves as independent or...
- Mercedes' UK dealers to fight D/C. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;03/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the fund raised by Mercedes-Benz dealers in Great Britain to fight parent DaimlerChrysler's decision to terminate all franchises by the end of 2001. Claim made by the dealers on DaimlerChrysler; Belief of the dealers about the notice of termination.
- Dealers gain service share. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;7/1/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5991, p20
Reports on the economic recovery of franchised dealers by regaining some of the market share lost to independent garages and fast-lube shops in the U.S. Growth of the share from customer-pay service business; Disclosure of car dealers share by the National Automotive Dealers Association;...
- Garages of the Year crowned. // Auto Express;4/10/2013, Issue 1263, p21
The article announces that the Sturgess Jaguar in Leicester, England won the franchised dealer category while Top Marques Garage in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England was named the best independent garage in the 2013 Motor Codes Garage of the Year competition.
- What Applications Do Franchisees Appreciate Most? Loyle, Harry // Franchising World;Jul2004, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p27
Elaborates the benefits that technology provides to the franchise system. Application of communication; Supplier relationship applications; Support provided by franchisor to franchisees.
- New models boosting dealers' moods. Slepicka, Mary // Dealernews;Jun2014, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p8
The article presents market trends and long-term outlook for franchised dealers in the U.S. According to Craig Kennison, business researcher from financial advisor Robert W. Baird and Co. Inc., the trend in motorcycle improved sequentially attributed to the new momentum of products while the...
- Challenger awards fail to fully resolve marketing mystery. Collings, Andy // Farmers Weekly;9/13/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p70
Reports on the awarding of the franchise of the Challenger MT crawler range of Agco to dealers Peacock and Bennington in Brigg, England and Grantham, England-based Chandlers. Terms of the franchise agreement; Information on the negotiation of Agco with the dealers; Forecast of Agco for the...